Deadline: July 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) Fall Congressional Internship 2021. The Congressional Internship is designed for AAPI undergraduate-aged students looking to increase their experience in public policy and service.
The paid, eight-week-long summer program places Interns in congressional offices and provides them with the opportunity to develop their leadership and professional skills, encourages political engagement, and fosters interests in public service careers.
Interns will receive:
- Professional work experience in a congressional office;
- The grant for the Congressional Internship is $2,500. Payments are made in two $1,250 installments. The first payment is received at the beginning of the internship, the second payment is received at the end when all program requirements have been completed;
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.;
- Leadership development opportunities, access to the APAICS alumni network, and more.
- Applicants must currently be undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited educational institution.
- Be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or individuals who are legally authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
- Family members of the APAICS Board of Directors or National Advisory Council are prohibited from participating in any APAICS programs.
- Work for a minimum of 32 hours a week
- Attend a one-day orientation
- Attend professional development events
- Complete weekly journals
- Submit a program evaluation at the end of the internship
- Comply with APAICS policies regarding work performance and personal conduct
The following items are required as part of the application and should be uploaded in the application form, no exceptions will be made for incomplete applications after the deadline.
- Cover Letter
- Essay Responses
- Two Letters of Recommendation
For more information, visit APAICS Internship.