Deadline: October 31, 2020
Applications for the APO Group African Women in Media Award 2020 are now open. APO Group, the leading pan-African communications and business consultancy, presents the second annual APO Group African Women in Media Award set to recognise, celebrate and empower African women journalists who support female entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Award will be bestowed to the winner at the 6th Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum’s (AWIEF) Virtual Conference and Awards hosted on December 2-3, 2020 with the theme ‘Reimagining Business & Rebuilding Better.’
AWIEF’s prestigious annual event is a platform that sees global thought leaders, industry experts, policymakers, academics, development organisations and investors gather to dialogue, connect, network, share, collaborate and transact in a combined effort to boost Africa’s entrepreneurship ecosystem for women.
- The winner will be bestowed with USD $2,500 cash prize, and online courses from one of the most respected international universities.
- Open to African woman journalists and bloggers, whether directly employed or freelancers
- They should be working in the continent of Africa and have produced a story that has been broadcast or published in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic in the form of a printed publication, a television feature, a radio story, a website or a blog whose primary audience is based in Africa.
- Stories must have been broadcast or published between January 1 and October 31, 2020.
Stories are judged on content, writing, analysis, creativity, human interest and community impact.
All stories must be submitted in electronic format:
- Print: upload the scan(s) of the published article;
- Radio: upload the SoundCloud link;
- Website: upload the URL or
- TV: upload the YouTube link.
TV material must first be uploaded to YouTube (YouTube.com) and radio material to SoundCloud (SoundCloud.com). If one is not a member of these sites, one will need to sign up in order to upload the video or radio material. Once one has obtained the link, one must enter it in this online entry form when inputting one’s story details.
The deadline for entries is October 31, 2020. The finalists will be announced on November 20, 2020 while the winner will be announced on December 3, 2020.
For more information, visit Women in Media Award.