Due Date: March 23, 2019
The African Union Commission, through its Youth for Peace (Y4P) Africa Program of the Peace and Security Department is requiring applications for the Regional Assessments on the Functions and Contributions of Youth to Peace and Security in Africa.
The general objective of the suggested local youth assessments is to supply a collective, open and inclusive area for young peace home builders to contribute towards the production of a flourishing and tranquil Africa in line with Goals 4 and 6 of the AU Program2063 The assessments will think about the functions and contributions of youth to peace and security in Africa by means of Dispute Avoidance; Crisis/Conflict Management and Resolution; Peace Assistance Operations; Post Dispute Restoration and Advancement; Security Sector Reform and Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration along with vital crosscutting concerns such as gender, humanitarian action, environment modification, global the mob; piracy and maritime security, violent extremism, among others.
It is anticipated that the assessments will likewise supply the platform to question elements preventing significant youth involvement in peace and security along with propose actionable suggestions to resolve them. Applications are thus welcomed from interested youth– people and companies– operating in the broad locations of peace and security to participate in the suggested local assessments to be held in between March and May 2019, in each of Africa’s 5 areas.
- The African Union Commission will cover all expenditures of effective candidates, consisting of travel and lodging, to take part in the local assessments.
- Candidates need to be an African person in between 15 and 35 years of ages;-LRB- ***************).
- Should come from a youth-led group or effort that is actively associated with any of the thematic concerns in the location of peace and security in Africa;-LRB- ***************).
- Proven Documents (story or video) of interventions in any of the previously mentioned locations of peace and security.
- Authorities Recognition: Passport with a minimum credibility of 6 months
- Contact Information: First and Last Name; Nation; Call of Company; Phone number and e-mail; Site and Social network profile information
- Kind Of Involvement: The candidate needs to supply a main letter of intro from the represented company
- Company Profile: Summary of activities focused on improving either Dispute Avoidance; Crisis/Conflict Management and Resolution; Peace Assistance Operations; Post Dispute Restoration and Advancement; Security Sector Reform and Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration along with vital crosscutting concerns such as gender mainstreaming, humanitarian action, environment modification, global the mob; piracy and maritime security, or violent extremism, among others.
Fro more details, go to AUC Regional Consultations