Due Date: June 23, 2019
The United Nations Association of the United States of America (UNA-USA) is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 UNA-USA Youth Observer to the UN! If you’re in between 18-25 years and are a United States person, globally-minded, enthusiastic about civic + youth engagement, social networks savvy, and a strong UN supporter, use to be UNA-USA’s 2019-2020 Youth Observer to the UN!
The UNA-USA Youth Observer to the UN raises youth voices in the worldwide policy discussion around worldwide concerns. For a 1 year term, an American in between the ages of 18-25 is picked to engage and link youths in the U.S. to the work of the United Nations. The Youth Observer takes a trip throughout the United States to find the concerns crucial to young Americans and gets involved as a UNA-USA delegate at UN conferences.
UNA-USA’s Youth Observer likewise goes to UN instructions, arranges occasions, and takes part in unions to support a strong U.S.-UN collaboration. The most important function of the Youth Observer is to engage young Americans in the work of the UN, empowering them to be active individuals to promote a higher worldwide effect.
They’re trying to find a poised, internationally-engaged young American to fill this function for the 2019-2020 year. Certified people are:
- In Between 18-25 years and are a United States person
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial about civic engagement, youth concerns, and the United Nations
- Skilled authors, efficient in absorbing making complex details and rapidly reversing article to notify other youth
- Social network smart people with imaginative concepts for digital engagement
- Intellectually curious and able to have significant discussions with top-level people
- Knowledgeable speakers who are passionate about engaging with young Americans
- Devoted to making the world a much better location
This position needs a dedication of around 8-10 hours a week and travel to New york city City and Washington D.C. 4-5 times a year. As a nongovernmental company, UNA-USA has unique consultative status with the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, that makes it possible for a youth observer to take part in numerous UN online forums.
Use to be the 2019-2020 UNA-USA Youth Observer. Applications are due Sunday, June 23 at 11: 59 pm EST.
To find out more, see UNA-USA