Deadline: May 17, 2021
The Royal Commonwealth Society is currently looking for judges for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021. Each year, The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition receives thousands of entries from young people across the Commonwealth, which are read and judged by a team of generous volunteers.
One of the greatest strengths of this unique competition is that each young person’s writing is individually read and appreciated by an adult somewhere in the Commonwealth, who might otherwise never hear their story. Judges will share the RCS’s commitment to amplifying youth dialogue across the Commonwealth. They may also have a particular interest in the theme (Community in the Commonwealth), literacy, youth work, or international affairs.
- Applicant should be over 18 years of age;
- Have an interest in the Commonwealth and/or international affairs;
- Have an active interest in writing and/or literature;
- Be available for a minimum total of 40 hours between July and August 2021 in order to read and judge approximately 100 – 150 entries; and
- Have reliable access to a computer and internet during this period as the judging process is electronic.
If you are interested in the role, download and complete the application form and return to [email protected] by 17 May 2021, with ‘2021 JUDGE APPLICATION’ in the subject line.
For more information, visit QCEC.