Due Date: November 30, 2018
The seventh associate of Mozilla Open Leaders begins in January 2019! They’re trying to find Open Leaders to sustain the Web Health motion by creating and developing jobs that empower others to work together within inclusive neighborhoods. Mozilla is a worldwide non-profit devoted to putting you in control of your online experience and forming the future of the web for the public great.
If you (or your group) are running or beginning an open task and wish to grow as an open leader this is for you! Your open task does not need to be technical– it can be curriculum (open academic resource), an open information task or report, an open source software application task, or anything else that:
- has something to deal with( a function, module, or minimum practical item) throughout the program,
- enables and invites contributions by others, and
- supports the open web and a healthy Web
14 weeks (January– April 2019)
There are 2 tracks in Mozilla Open Leaders 7. Both tracks follow the exact same 14 week schedule, however fulfill at different associate times.
- Job Track: The Job Track concentrates on establishing a particular open task together with individuals doing comparable work. (Associates A-D, Tuesday and Wednesday conferences)
- Culture Track: The Culture Track concentrates on developing an open culture in any neighborhood, company, or task with individuals from a range of jobs. (Associates E-F, Thursday conferences)
It may be particularly beneficial to you if you:
- Work everyday within your neighborhood to promote openness.
- Lead cultural modification in your neighborhood, company, or task.
- Serve in a specific outreach function to assist individuals make modification on a peer-to-peer basis.
Sign up with a mate of open leaders sustaining the Web Health motion. Get mentorship and training through Mozilla in this 14- week online program on working open.
A Mozilla Open Leader is somebody running or beginning an open task that supports a healthy Web. Throughout the program, they will:
- get continuous 1:1 task assistance from Mozilla personnel and coaches
- have access to a neighborhood of coaches, technologists and more
- total modules and offer feedback on Open Management Training checking out finest practices for task setup and interaction, tools for partnership, neighborhood structure, and running occasions
- get useful experience empowering others to work together on their task.
- Enthusiastic and prepared to discover and use open practices to your task or neighborhood, supporting the Web Health motion
- Offered to dedicate a minimum of 3h/week for 14 weeks for going to weekly online conferences and finishing open management tasks.
- Furthermore, individuals need to show useful experience at the Mozilla Global Sprint (2 days, March 29-30, from another location or at a regional website). If you are taking part in our pilot culture track, you’ll be anticipated to provide a case-study of your discovering to your associate rather.
For additional information, see Mozilla