Due Date: November 10, 2018
Applications are open for young Somalians to sign up with the United Nations Somalia Youth Board Of Advisers. The United Nations in Somalia is welcoming youths from Somali youth companies from various areas of the nation to be part of the UN Youth Board Of Advisers, and straight encourage the United Nations on its policies and program associated to youth.
The UN Youth Board of advisers will assist to enhance the importance, mobilization and outreach of various United Nations initiatives amongst youths in Somalia and assist the United Nations to enhance its reaction to the requirements of youth.
The Board will have an advisory function, working carefully with the UN Inter-Agency Working Group on Youth, to encourage the UN senior citizen management in Somalia and will add to increase the level and quality of youth involvement in the preparation, application and tracking of UN policies and programs.
It will include 12 members who are working or included with regional youth and expert companies to supply a well balanced representation of the various social backgrounds and interests of the youths in Somalia. 6 will be designated by the local youth umbrella companies, and another 6 will be recognized through an open call based upon their work towards among the 6 thematic concerns:
- Work & Entrepreneurship
- Defense of Rights and Civic Engagement
- Political Addition
- Education & Abilities Advancement
- Candidate must have Somali citizenship
- Ages in between 15-33 at the time of election
- Proof that they represent a youth organisation, group or network presently running in Somalia that serves to benefit and support youth and youths, the human rights of youths and youth involvement
- Represent a variety of sex, age, racial and geographical attributes and a total gender balance
- Language capability to comprehend advancement ideas and to articulate them plainly (in English). Choice will be provided to those with strong interaction and advocacy abilities in order to make sure strong youth voices and active involvement in the conferences
- Dedication to support follow up actions and suggestions as results of the Board conversations
- Desire to devote personally to the Board’s work and to have the versatility and accessibility to take part in conferences and other activities significant to the work of the Board
- Desire to serve on voluntary basis
- Agree with and sign the privacy contract and standard procedure
For additional information, check out UN Somalia