Due Date: March 31, 2019
The United Nations Major Group for Kid and Youth (UN MGCY) is accepting applications for Migration Working Group Coordination group. Do you appreciate safe migration? Do you dream about a world with much better rights for migrants? Are you 30 years or listed below? Apply to the UN MGCY Migration Working Group Coordination group.
The locations of the UN MGCY’s work are Policy & Advocacy, Capability Structure, Youth Action, and Understanding (evaluation, generation, and usage).
Roles Within UN MGCY Migration Working Group Co-ordination Group
Centerpieces are mandated to help with and collaborate the cumulative engagement, involvement and activities of the UN MGCY in its scope of work as it associates with their main and involved procedures and opportunities of engagement.
International Centerpiece (GFP) (1 position):
- GFPs are accountable for the general co-ordination of the working group. Their functions consist of:.
- Handling the complete work portfolio of the working group
- Handle the co-ordination of Regional Focal Points and help the assistance of them fufiling their functions and responsibilities
- Making sure engagement in the MGCY larger network and coordination
- Guarantee routine contact with the Migration WG subscriber list
Regional Focal Points (2 Positions Per Area)
The Regional Focal Points (RFPs) are mostly accountable in helping with the representation of their areas within policy and advocacy. They supervise of making sure the international work be moved to their particular areas, constructing connections and capability, which eventually feeds back into the international network; all with a concentrate on migration.
The body of the local work can consist of social projects, capacity-building workshops, policy advocacy, dealing with a vast array of stars– consisting of NGOs, universities, or federal governments. The work and spread is lead by the abilities, and capability, of the RFPs.
The areas are as follows:
- Central and Southeast Asia
- Middle East and North Africa
- The United States And Canada
- South America
- South and Eastern Africa
- West and Central Africa
RFP’s should guarantee they exist within minimum 2/3 of the WG co-ordination conferences. Though the work will differ throughout the year, they should anticipate a minimum work of 4 hours weekly– usually– throughout the year.
GFMD/Action Committee Centerpiece (1 Position)
This person’s function will be to be the primary focal individual in between the working group and the GFMD/Action Committee (both locations for civil society engagement within the UN system). Their function will consist of participating in particular conferences for each committee, communicating with civil society and governmental stars from particular workstream for possible locations of partnership with the working group– specifically in relation to the International Youth Online Forum.
Youth Online Forum Chair (1 Position)
This person will be accountable for the general organisation and co-ordination of the Youth Online forum. They will primarily communicate with GFP’s and the GFMD Centerpiece, however likewise with the particular RFP’s when needed. They will supervise of opening the call, choice (together with GFP’s and OP’s), induction, and management of the Youth Online Forum Committee. The next International Youth Online forum is because of be kept in November 2019 in Equador therefore this person will require to make sure to be offered throughout that duration. Please likewise keep in mind that this function’s strength will increase throughout the year.
Please keep in mind that if high calibre applications are not gotten, the provided function in concern might be left unfilled; applications might then be re-open.
Please keep in mind, GFP’s hold a 2-year required, while all other centerpieces hold a 1-year required.
- Should be listed below the age of 30 to follow the UN meaning of ‘youth’
- Be proficient in both spoken and composed English
- Needs to belong to the youth-led entity who is advancing your candidature. Please keep in mind that the youth entity should likewise be a memeber of MGCY (link to sign up with at the top of this kind if required).
- Firstly, please register to the UN MGCY, prior to using.
- If you are not a member entity, or are a member entity who has actually not filled this brand-new kind, then they will not have the ability to process this application.
For additional information, go to UN MGCY