Due Date: January 15, 2019
Applications are open for APWLD Feminist Advancement Justice Media Fellowship. APWLD is welcoming females media experts throughout Asia-Pacific area to take part in the 2nd media fellowship program that intends to reinforce media advocacy on grassroots females’s problems through a feminist and human rights lens.
Picked reporters will be offered a stipend of USD 1,000 to cover expenditures for research study and travel according to workplans co-developed with APWLD. The fellowship style this year is on Feminist Advancement Justice as they want to reinforce a feminist analysis on advancement problems in mainstream and alternative media areas and galvanise public education and assistance.
The period of the fellowship will be from March 2019– August2019 Throughout this time duration females reporters will have a choice to produce news short articles, functions, audio-video content/documentary or digital stories with a feminist lens that highlight the linkages in between gender, financial and advancement problems and its influence on females’s human rights.
They are devoted to developing feminist motions to advance females’s human rights and Advancement Justice. If you are deeply devoted to covering feminist, progressive motions and tough structural globalised inequalities, please think about looking for this chance.
APWLD will welcome chosen females reporters to Thailand for a 3 (3) day capability structure workshop on females’s human rights and feminist advancement justice (20– 22 March 2019). This will be followed by a 3 (3) day Asia Pacific Peoples’ Online Forum on Sustainable Advancement (APPFSD) (24– 26 March 2019), and the 3 (3) day UNESCAP Asia Pacific Online Forum on Sustainable Advancement (APFSD) (27– 29 March 2019). While the chosen fellows are needed to totally take part in the very first 2 conferences, the last conference arranged by UNESCAP will be optional depending upon the area schedule.
At the workshop and the APPFSD, the media fellows will have chances to fulfill females human rights protectors and Feminist Advancement Justice supporters from Asia Pacific. Based upon interactions with grassroots activists and professionals, the fellows, in assessment with APWLD, will establish an intend on how to produce vital analysis on females, right to advancement and feminist advancement justice.
- Throughout the fellowship duration, the fellow reporters will be offered a stipend of 1,000 USD to cover expenditures for research study and travel according to workplans co-developed with APWLD.
- Fellow reporters will be anticipated to produce 3 composed pieces of 1,000 -1,200 words each. Out of the 3 pieces, one must focus particularly on APWLD members or partners from the country/sub-region the fellow is from, one can cover any other APWLD members or partners, and one must be on the campaign/advocacy top priorities of APWLD, e.g. Feminist Advancement Justice, Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs), High Level Political Online Forum (HLPF).
- If fellow reporters additionally select an audio-visual medium, they will produce 2 pieces of a minimum of 5 minutes each. Out of the 2 pieces, a minimum of one must focus particularly on APWLD members or partners and cover among the campaign/advocacy top priorities of APWLD, e.g. Feminist Advancement Justice, Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs), High Level Political Online Forum (HLPF).
- Fellow reporters can likewise select to work throughout audio-visual media and text mediums. They will produce 2 pieces out of which, a minimum of one must focus particularly on APWLD members or partners and cover among the campaign/advocacy top priorities of APWLD, e.g. Feminist Advancement Justice, Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs), High Level Political Online Forum (HLPF). There will be some versatility in length of composed text and audio-visuals on a case-by-case basis.
- Preferably, fellow reporters must send letters from editors guaranteeing their work will be released.
- The pieces can be long functions, advocacy-focused, information driven, or documentary design.
- The fellowship partners will get constant assistance from APWLD Secretariat for forming the short articles and analysis.
- The fellowship partners dedicate to be in a close, routine interactions with APWLD Secretariat.
Applicants whose work covers Cambodia, Fiji, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Vanuatu are most urged to use.
- The fellowship is open to females media experts from Asia-Pacific with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Experience in covering females’s human rights, grassroots motions, financial and advancement problems will be an included benefit.
- Demonstrated dedication to the promo of females’s human rights in her particular nation and/ or Asia-Pacific.
- Dedication to feminist motion structure.
- Should have the ability to take a trip overseas as needed.
- Skilled in English and a language from the Asia Pacific area.
The candidate must send an expression of interest with the following files:
- A finished application
- 2 work samples of any medium
- A letter of recommendation from media organisation if full-time worker, or a letter of recommendation from an editor if a self-employed reporter
- Letter from editor guaranteeing newspaper article will be released; Optional for self-employed reporters
Please send out finished types by means of e-mail with the subject line “Application for Media Fellowship 2019” to Andita Listyarini at [email protected] and cc Neha Gupta at [email protected], by no behind 15 January 2019, midnight Bangkok time. Please note that insufficient applications will not be captivated. Just short-listed prospects will be called.
For more details, check out APWLD