Due Date: June 3, 2019
Asia Pacific Online Forum on Women, Law and Advancement (APWLD) is welcoming girls from its member organisations to obtain the South-South Positioning: Young Women’s Management Program
This is an amazing chance for young feminist leaders from the Asia Pacific area to operate at APWLD Secretariat and become part of the work advancing females’s human rights and worldwide uniformity for Advancement Justice. It is a paid volunteer position with APWLD’s Ladies in Power (WiP) program.
The South-South positioning is created with the following goals:
- Boost members’ understanding, capability and ownership around local and worldwide program work.
- Boost Secretariat’s understanding of nationwide contexts and grassroots motions.
- Construct the swimming pool of feminist leaders and professionals from establishing nations in the area.
The effective candidate will be hosted at APWLD Secretariat in Chiang Mai, Thailand for the duration of 6 to 10 months. She will work carefully with Program Organising Committee members and Program Officer for Women in Power with the following functions and duties:
- Supply assistance in collaborating activities under the Ladies in Power program such as the Regional Women Leaders’ Roundtable and Womanifesto
- Supply help to research study report on the State of Democracy in Asia Pacific, consisting of interactions outreach
- Supply help to the style and execution of the 2nd cycle of the Womanifesto Program
- Supply research study help on other appropriate advocacy chances associated with the program work
- Assist with publication operate in the WiP program, consisting of research study and modifying
- Assist with logistical plans throughout WiP trainings and conferences
- Team up with APWLD’s Communications group to produce material from the WiP program activities for members & public intake such as Op-Ed, article and interviews
- Other jobs as needed
- APWLD will cover the expense of a big salami airline tickets to/from Chiang Mai, and visa charge for the effective candidate. A little stipend (USD 800 monthly, for 6– 10 months) will be supplied to cover living, real estate and other various expenses throughout the positioning.
- In case the volunteer and the member organisation backing the positioning desire to extend the period of their work at APWLD Secretariat, the extra expenses might be shared by APWLD and the member organisation. The function and other comprehensive plans for the prolonged positioning will be concurred in between the 2 organisations.
- The volunteer is anticipated to begin her operate in July 2019.
- Open to any girl (listed below 35 years of age at the time of application) who has actually not held an executive position within the organisation;-LRB- ***************).
- Have at least 2-5 years of experience in females’s motion at regional or nationwide level without considerable direct exposure to worldwide and local level experiences;-LRB- ***************).
- Thorough understanding and understanding on females’s rights and advancement in Asia Pacific, with a concentrate on grassroots democratic motions and females’s human rights;-LRB- ***************).
- Dedication and schedule for the positioning for a minimum of 6 months duration;-LRB- ***************).
- Skilled in English, both oral and written;-LRB- ***************).
- Skilled in ICT abilities consisting of social networks;-LRB- ***************).
- A composed dedication or arrangement with the suggesting nationwide organisation to work (as a paid personnel or on voluntary basis) for a double duration on her return (e.g. If the positioning was for 6 months, return services need to be for a year);-LRB- ***************).
- Personnel, supporter, volunteer, close affiliate or member of APWLD member organisations from establishing nations in the Asia Pacific Area, and should be advised by that organisation. (Examine whether your organisation belongs to APWLD here).
Interested candidates need to send the following files:
- RÃ©sumÃ© or Resume
- Finished Application
- Recommendation letter from APWLD member organisation
These files are to be sent with the subject line ” Application for South-South Positioning” to Madhura Chakraborty at [email protected]
To learn more, go to APWLD South-South Positioning Young Women’s Management Program