Due Date: February 1, 2019.
Africa Research Study Quality Fund (AREF) and the European & Establishing Nations Scientific Trials Collaboration (EDCTP) are collectively requiring applications from emerging African health scientists for Preparatory Fellowships– offer as much as 70,000 Euro of moneying for an expert training. The Fellowship intends to improve the competitiveness of up and coming post-doctoral sub-Saharan African researchers and clinicians desiring get worldwide/ local/ nationwide fellowships or grant assistance, such as the EDCTP Profession Advancement Fellowships.
The AREF/EDCTP Preparatory Fellowship targets exceptional early-career scientists living in or wanting to move to sub-Saharan Africa who show independent clinical thinking and have prospective to provide in your area appropriate research study with quantifiable effect and within the scope of the EDCTP2 program.
The Africa Research Study Quality Fund (AREF) intends to bridge the vital space early in the profession course from research study experience to research study management. AREF is an independent charity developed by the UK Medical Research study Council and led from sub-Saharan Africa, with the assistance of the UK Medical Research Study Structure.
The goals of this call are to:
- Enable exceptional sub-Saharan African scientists (0 to 3-year post-PhD) to:.
- additional advance their research study abilities, through short-course( s) and hands-on training, particularly utilizing biological samples and information they or their house organisations have actually produced;-LRB- ************).
- reinforce their proficiencies in job and proposition style;-LRB- ************).
- improve vital their generic/transferable scientist abilities that will enable them to protect research study collaborations, and make efficient usage of fellowships;-LRB- ************).
- add to developing a swimming pool of scientists efficiently geared up with the know-how and abilities to resolve regional research study requirements.
- Enable people to release their own resourcefulness and research study relationships to finest result in completing for early/mid-career fellowships, such as (however not restricted to) the EDCTP Profession Advancement Fellowships
- Improve profession advancement and retention of postdoctoral scientists and postgraduate medical scientists in research study in and for sub-Saharan Africa
- Offer a company structure and increase the quality, effectiveness and effect of fellowship jobs moneyed by organisations such as EDCTP.
Effective candidates will utilize the financing for a 3 to 9 months positioning at a centre of research study quality in Europe and sub-Saharan Africa contracted to host the fellow prior to investing 3-months re-entry re-integration duration to the fellow’s house (using) organization, making an overall training duration of as much as 12 months.
A proposition will just be thought about qualified if:
- its material corresponds, entirely or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is sent
- it adheres to the eligibility conditions set out listed below, depending upon the kind of action:.
- The candidate should be an organisation with a recognized legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa (the candidate legal entity)
- The fellow should be utilized or have actually ensured work by the candidate legal entity (the house organisation) where they plan to stay working for a minimum of 2 years after the expiration of the grant
- Fellows should:.
- be a post-doctoral researcher;-LRB- ************).
- have actually been granted their doctorate within 3 years prior to submission due date of the AREF-EDCTP Preparatory Fellowship application;-LRB- ************).
- have actually been either a PhD trainee or MD, who have actually been active scientists for as much as 3 years following award of their doctorate;-LRB- ************).
- be homeowner of or want to move to a sub-Saharan African nation;-LRB- ************).
- not have actually been moneyed under this fellowship plan prior to.
- The asked for EDCTP contribution per action will not go beyond EUR 70,000
- Placements looked for will be for a duration of a minimum of 3 and as much as 9 months, following which there will be a re-integration duration of as much as 3 months. The optimum fellowship period will be 12 months.
The proposition for an AREF/EDCTP Fellowship Preparation Award should be sent by the house organisation (‘ the candidate legal entity’). The grants will be granted to the house organisation with the specific dedication that this organisation uses proper conditions for the fellow to direct and handle their financing throughout of the fellowship.
This call has a two-stage application treatment.
- For the very first phase, a letter of intent should be sent by the fellow with a letter of assistance from the candidate legal entity (house organisation using the fellow) by the shown due date. The letters of intent will be examined by an independent assessment committee consisting of specialists collectively determined by the EDCTP and AREF in compliance with the arrangements embeded in the Guidelines for Involvement of Horizon 2020 and the EDCTP2 Basic Act. Approximately thirty 6 effective prospect fellows will be shortlisted in the very first phase and welcomed to a preparatory workshop led, arranged and funded by AREF.
- For the 2nd phase, the fellow and his/her house organisation (candidate legal entity) should send a detailed training and advancement strategy (consisting of a draft re-integration strategy) taking into consideration assistance offered in the workshop that will be examined by a panel of independent specialists to pick the 12 finest propositions.
- A letter of Intent for Phase 1 should be sent by 1 February 2019 at 17: 00: 00 CET through EDCTPgrants Assessment outcomes are anticipated to be provided 4 April 2019.
- A complete proposition for Phase 2 should be sent by 4 July 2019 at 17: 00: 00 CET through EDCTPgrants Assessment outcomes are anticipated to be provided by 7 October 2019.
The host organisation (candidate) should offer an assistance letter verifying that the organisation is encouraging of the proposed action and ready through its monetary and administrative systems to make it possible for the fellow to direct individually the proposed action and handle its financing throughout of the fellowship.
For additional information, see Preparatory Fellowships