Application Due Date: 11 th February 2019
The International Centre of Pest Physiology and Ecology ( icipe), Kenya, in collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD 1) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Program and African university partners, welcomes applications from appropriately certified prospects for PhD scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Program in Pest Sciences (ARPPIS).
The main goal of ARPPIS is to prepare young scientists from.
Africa to complete in a worldwide competitive research study environment.
within nationwide, local and worldwide research study programs. At icipe
ARPPIS scholars are offered with exceptional research study centers in an.
interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year PhD.
program that consists of research study, training, establishing research study.
collaborations, composing clinical documents and grant propositions, and.
going to clinical conferences and worldwide conferences. Scholars.
perform their ingenious research study at icipe‘s labs and at field websites situated in numerous agro-ecological zones.
- 6 ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships are offered to nationals of sub-Saharan nations for the list below jobs: LIST OF PROJECTS
- The scholarships cover all expenses of the PhD program, consisting of.
travel, living costs, medical insurance coverage, university charges and all.
research study and training expenses.
- Effective prospects will establish a complete proposition and register with.
an ARPPIS partner university in Africa after they begin the PhD.
program at icipe
- The ARPPIS PhD program will start from September 2019.
- The candidate should be a person of a nation in sub-Saharan Africa. Some nation constraints use. See LIST OF PROJECTS for more information.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper department.
- A Master’s degree taken with both coursework and research study in the.
field of lives sciences or other field pertinent to the PhD task.
- The Master’s degree should have been finished less than 6 years earlier at the time of application.
- Certified female prospects and prospects from less fortunate.
areas or groups along with prospects with impairments are particularly.
motivated to use.
- Certified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking nations in Africa are likewise motivated to use.
- Choice will be provided to candidates with an optimum age of 36 years (guys) or 40 years (ladies) by 31 st December 2019.
- Extra particular entryway.
requirements will be thought about for admission depending upon the eligible.
PhD task( s) picked by the prospect. For info on candidate.
requirements for each task, go to LIST OF PROJECTS
- A working understanding of English (composed & spoken).
- Finished application and accompanying supporting files. Note: please.
begin the application procedure as quickly as possible, particularly if some.
of the supporting files are hard to get.
Complete directions and online application: LINK
Due date for applications: 11 th February 2019
In case of any concerns relating to the ARPPIS PhD program or your.
application, kindly contact: Ms. Vivian Atieno, Capability Structure.
Officer, Capability Structure and Institutional Advancement Program, icipe, vatieno @ icipe org
To Find Out More:
Go To the Authorities Web Page of the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2019