Deadline: October 8, 2018
Applications for theArt Moves Africa Mobility Grant 2018 for Artists are open. The Art Moves Africa (AMA) is an international not-for-profit organisation that aims to facilitate cultural and artistic exchanges within the African continent.
AMA offers travel funds to artists, arts professionals and cultural operators living and working in Africa to travel within the African continent in order to engage in the exchange of information, the enhancement of skills, the development of informal networks, and the pursuit of cooperation.
- Grantees receive a round-trip flight ticket, booked, paid for and issued by AMA. AMA does not cover the cost of visas, travel insurance, per-diems or artists’ fees.
- Applicants may be nationals of any country but must live and work in Africa. Proof of long-term residence will be requested from non-African nationals;
- Art Moves Africa supports individuals and groups (maximum 3 people) belonging to the following professions:
- Cultural operators (managers, artistic directors, producers, technicians, researchers, etc.)
- Journalists working in the arts and culture sector
- Applicants’ travel must take place within the African continent, from one African country to another;
- Art Moves Africa supports the travel of artists and cultural professionals working in the following artistic fields: Theatre, Dance, Storytelling, Music, Visual arts, Film, Literature, Multidisciplinary;
- Art Moves Africa supports only the costs of international travel for the duration of one month maximum;
- Applications are individual: they must be sent by the person planning to travel;
- Groups and companies (e.g., dance, music and theatre) are welcome to apply, with a limit of three people maximum. However, each of the three members must fill an individual application form. Applications for groups can be submitted by the manager or administrator of the group.
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] Application emails should include the following attachments:
For more information, visitArt Moves Africa Mobility Grant.