Deadline: September 9, 2018
The ASEAN Impact Challenge 2018 is now open. Now in its 4th year, the AIC programme is designed to discover innovators from Southeast Asia who are accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through cross-sector partnerships and disruptive innovations.
The ASEAN Impact Challenge is a regional programme designed by Impact Hub Kuala Lumpur to discover innovators and entrepreneurs from Southeast Asia who are accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals through cross-sector partnerships and disruptive tech innovations. Initiatives by participant teams have ranged from waste management, agriculture, microfinance, microbiology, improving livelihoods, alternative education, environment and construction.
The Challenge presents opportunities to identify and strengthen new and scaleable innovations and to achieve select outcomes around the SDGs. It brings together entrepreneurs, investors, governments, multilateral agencies and corporations around a common agenda.
This year’s challenge is themed ‘Tech Forward: Innovations for a Digital Economy’ and hopes to discover innovations from the citizen and private sectors that are contributing to the digital economy transformation in the region through the power of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
The top 10 finalists will participate in an 8-week tailored Global Goals Lab acceleration programme with local and regional mentors leading up to the Regional Finals.
- Tailored Support Provided By Industry Mentors (local & regional)
- Access To Strategic Partnerships in ASEAN and abroad, including USD25 million worth of regional capital
- Access To Finance For Growth; in the last 3 years, they’ve connected over USD5 million of capital to AIC finalists
- Regional and global visibility through our partners and networks which also include opportunities to pitch solutions in New York during The Global Goals week in addition to the ASEAN Summit and related events.
The total cost for flights and accommodation for the selected top 10 finalists will be covered by the programme. One or two finalist team members must be able and willing to travel to the Regional Finals in Singapore. The travel period is between 11-13 November 2018.
- The Challenge is open to ASEAN-based tech innovations with the potential to scale and is designed to encourage, empower and support cross-sector partnerships that will create impact in the region.
- All team members must be over the age of 18.
- All team members must be able and willing to travel to Singapore for the Regional Finals. The travel period is between 11-13 November 2018. All team members must be able to commit for the entire duration of the challenge.
Eligible applications should either be Early-stage or Scale-stage innovations.
- Early-stage innovations: Technological innovations with proposals, ideas, concepts and prototypes with the potential to deliver long-term solutions and impact on pressing community, social and environmental issues.
- Scale-stage innovations: Proven technological innovations with the potential and capacity to increase impact by expanding its beneficiary base. Been in operation a minimum of 2 years and has generated a minimum of USD 100,000 in revenue
The Call for Applications closes on 9th September, and finalists will be announced by 21st September 2018. The Regional Finals will take place in Singapore during the ASEAN Summit from 11 – 13 November 2018.
For more information, visit ASEAN Impact Challenge.