Due Date: June 30, 2019
Are you a hopeful reporter in the ASEAN area? If so, sign up with the ASEAN Youth Social Journalism Contest 2019! Chosen individuals will get the opportunity to sign up with a four-day social journalism workshop in Brunei Darussalam on September 2019 and stand the opportunity to win other intriguing rewards!
Kind a group of 2 including members of the exact same citizenship and send an essay with a style that checks out the significance of responsive and transparent federal government in your daily lives, promoting the perfects of fairness, equity and openness in your neighborhoods at the ASEAN local level.
The ASEAN Youth Social Journalism Contest 2019 is welcoming youth “Social Reporters” to send an essay explaining a style that checks out the significance of responsive and transparent federal government in their daily lives, promoting the perfects of fairness, equity, and openness in their neighborhoods and at the ASEAN local level”. Skilled ASEAN youth are welcomed to share and promote fact-based and engaging messages showcasing the significance of dependable and transparent governance in ASEAN and its Member States through media platforms.
Based upon their essay submissions, approximately 20 youth will be competitively picked to take part in a workshop where they will establish and execute a social awareness activity in their particular countries.A “Social Reporter” belongs to the public who is interested making a favorable contribution to his/her neighborhood by gathering and sharing and/or releasing news and info based upon his/her observations, research study, or through other ways. Through this effort, we welcome active young social reporters to produce and release a material associated to the above style and its influence on youth.
This contest is supported by the ASEAN Structure and the ASEAN-USAID POSSIBILITY, a joint job of the U.S. Company for International Advancement (USAID) and U.S. State Department. Extra assistance is being supplied by the Scoop, a multimedia platform for news, commentary, culture, and life in Brunei Darussalam.
- Any existing or aiming social reporter that holds an ASEAN member nation passport (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) and lives in the nation of citizenship. Note: expert reporters who are full-time staff members of developed media outlets are not qualified to complete).
- Candidates need to be in between 18 and 30 years of age on 30 June 2019.
- Chosen finalists need to have a legitimate passport enabling them to take a trip to Brunei Darussalam and need to have the ability to interact with complete confidence in both spoken and composed English.
- Chosen finalists need to have active Facebook and Gmail represent ease of interaction with the fitness instructor and other individuals.
A chosen panel of judges will examine your essay submission. The choice requirements are laid out listed below:
- Clearness of concepts: The essay plainly shows an understanding of the style and why it is necessary to youth in ASEAN Neighborhood.
- Imagination: The essay is composed in an innovative and engaging method with a thoughtful method from youth point of view.
- Possible reader effect: The essay communicates individual or aspirational ideas that are motivating to audiences.
Following the assessment procedure, the 20 finalists (2 from each ASEAN Member State) will be picked to take part in a social journalism workshop in Brunei Darussalam in September 2019.
- Compose an PERSON essay on the picked style explained above, discussing the style, why it is necessary for youth in ASEAN, how it matters in your own life. Essays need to include an optimum of 600 words, usage 12- point Times New Roman typeface and be double spaced.
- In a different file, list any supporting referrals to existing publications or sources that support the info in the essay. Such referrals can be in any format, such as text, images, infographics and audio/video. This file will be published as part of the application plan.
- Total the application bit.ly/ AYSJ2019 and publish the 2 accessories: 1) essay and 2) supporting referrals.
To learn more, see ASEAN Youth Social Journalism Contest