Deadline: October 16, 2021
Applications are open for the Ashoka Fellows Program 2022. For 40 years, Ashoka has selected social entrepreneurs with high impact and systemic change projects, incorporating them into its global network of more than 3,500 members in 95 countries.
This year the call seeks to increase the number of applications from entrepreneurs with a presence outside of Mexico City and in other Central American and Caribbean countries.
The Ashoka Fellows that are selected receive financial and professional support and collaboration among peers to expand their transformative capacity in a significant way, and at the same time build and activate networks to promote spaces where all people can develop as Agents of Change that contribute to the common good.
- Ashoka supports social entrepreneurs whose project has already been implemented and has shown a potential for high social impact, who solve problems on issues such as caring for the environment, gender equality, the balance between technology and humanity and who promote policies to promote and build a social balance, among others.
- Open to social entrepreneurs with a presence outside of Mexico City and in other Central American and Caribbean countries.
Ashoka’s selection process is based on five criteria, with which we evaluate all candidates:
- A new idea: Proposes a project with innovative strategies, methods or approaches that radically modify how a sector operates and not only address the symptoms of a problem.
- Creativity: Engineers different approaches to the opportunities and problems of the world. The candidate has original ideas when implementing his project, overcoming obstacles and building a vision for the future.
- Ethical fiber: The candidate demonstrates solid ethical principles and commitment to others, and stands out for his determination, courage, dynamism and perseverance.
- Entrepreneurial trajectory: There is evidence of his implementation of projects and initiatives and he has shown determination and ingenuity in other stages of his life; as well as a strong commitment to the cause to overcome all obstacles.
- The social impact: the initiative solves a problem at its roots. It has the potential to generate geographically scaled impact, and demonstrates its potential with qualitative or quantitative impact data.
Apply or nominate a Social Entrepreneur! The call will close on October 16, 2021.
For more information, visit Ashoka.