Due Date: March 18, 2019
Asia Pacific Online Forum on Women, Law and Advancement (APWLD) welcomes applications from females human rights supporters to the Asia-Pacific Regional Feminist Legal Theory and Practice (FLTP) Training, which will be kept in Penang, Malaysia, from June 17-21, 2019.
The FLTP training has actually been among the core capability structure activities of APWLD that has actually now become a vibrant program that uses a special design in the area. The FLTP structure has feminism as its core and human rights as its structure. It allows individuals to utilize feminist analysis and point of views in legal practice and legal advocacy.
The training looks for to challenge the conventional idea that law is a neutral, unbiased and reasonable set of guidelines, untouched by the viewpoint of those who wield power in societies. Individuals will deal with the social, cultural and political contexts that form the legal system. Considered that law (as a culture, system and as an organization) is a truth that females deal with and engage with, it is necessary for females’s rights activists to check out how law can be used to change females’s lives. Throughout the course individuals use the concepts to a law, policy or practice restricting females’s human rights and are motivated to establish techniques to alter the practice.
The broad goals of the training are:
- To increase individuals’ understanding of feminism and to improve their abilities in feminist analysis.
- To get feminist point of views of the law and human rights.
- To enhance individuals’ understanding and use of global human rights law.
- To develop individuals’ capabilities to utilize legal techniques to deal with females’s human rights offenses.
- To check out collective projects to advance females’s human rights in the area.
- To develop a network of feminist legal specialists and activists.
- APWLD will cover expenses of board and accommodations for the 5-day training duration;-LRB- ***************).
- In addition, APWLD will likewise cover expenses of economy airline tickets, visa cost, airport tax, travel tax. Individuals need to notify APWLD of extra travel associated expenditures ahead of time for approval or individual will not be repaid for those expenditures.
- APWLD members in addition to non-members from throughout Asia Pacific might use;-LRB- ***************).
- Legal representatives, paralegal, activists, district attorneys, case employees, defence attorneys who engage with law or usage law for concerns of social justice might use.
- Efficiency in English, as the medium of interaction and discovering product will remain in English. Candidates who are not skilled in English needs to show in their application and may likewise be thought about where other individuals would accept serve as translators.
Chosen individuals should:
- Go to the training in its whole.
- React to e-mails in a prompt method as that will be the primary technique of interacting concerning due dates, registration, hotel and take a trip plans.
- Produce a Individual Action Strategy towards completion of the training covering the duration (1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020) that shows how they will use the training as part of a technique to cause modifications in laws, policies or practices in their nation.
- Devote to react to regular follow up from APWLD after the training.
- All candidates need to send a finished application and send it in addition to their RÃ©sumÃ©
- The advising institution/organisation must accredit that the individual advised has actually operated in females’s human rights and is dedicated to using the core knowing points from the training in their future work.
Email/fax finished application to APWLD to the attention of:
Program Officer, Feminist Law & Practice, APWLD
For applications sent out through e-mail, please show in the subject line “Application for Regional FLTP Training 2019”
To learn more, see APWLD