Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications are invited for theAsia Water Forum #WaterYouDoing Youth Photo Competition 2018.As part of AWF 2018, youth from ADB member countries are encouraged to take and submit photosthat demonstrate how their generation can contribute to improving the water sector.
To the youth ofAsia and the Pacific, tell them #wateryoudoing. How can you help address issues in water supply,sanitation, and the like? If you can channel your idealism and capture your creative ideas in a photo,what would it show? How does water affect you and your community, and what is the change you’dlike to make?
The theme of the youth photo contest centers on bringing out the youth’s unique contribution to the development of the region’s water sector, specifically in the following major activities of ADB’s water operations:
- Supplying water
- Sanitation and water quality
- Water for food
- Water for energy and
- Water resources management
- There will be a total of six (6) winners: one for each major water activity (e.g., Best Photo for Supplying Water, Best Photo for Water for Food, etc.), and one for People’s Choice Award through most likes and reactions in Facebook or Instagram;
- The 6 winners will each receive an all-expenses paid trip (transportation, accommodation, and daily allowance) to Manila, Philippines to attend the Asia Water Forum 2018 at ADB headquarters. The winners will be among more than 300 forum participants that includegovernment leaders, ADB management and project officers, international developmentpartners, private sector representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Photos taken can be of people, places, specific projects, or innovation that share a specific message on youth’s value addition to any of the 5 activities highlighted above;
- Individuals who submit photos must be between 18 and 32 years of age and come from ADB’s member countries. No group entries;
- Images must be original and taken personally by the participant. No previously published photos;
- Photos submitted should be in high resolution, preferably a minimum of 3.5 MB;
- Add a caption, in English, of no more than 150 words to explain the photo. Indicate which of the 5 water activities it pertains to;
- Contestants can submit as many photos as they like;
- Only non-professional photographers can compete. (They define non-professional photographers as those who do not make a living off of their photography skills.) ADB staff, consultants, contractors, dependents and their immediate family (spouse, child, mother, father, brother or sister) are not eligible to join;
- No entries using advertising or offensive images, or that violate any laws are allowed. ADB will disqualify from the competition any photos it deems inappropriate;
- By joining the competition, participants signify that they are willing to make the necessary travel arrangements in time for AWF 2018, should their photo win. Winners are not allowed to send representatives on their behalf;
- By submitting an entry, the participant agrees to all of the competition rules and mechanics.
Please email your photo entries to [email protected]Kindly use this email subject line: Asia Water Forum 2018 Youth Photo Competition (entry for [insert water activity])
For more information, visit#WaterYouDoing Youth Photo Competition.