Due Date: June 16, 2019
Applications are open for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Blue Charter Fellowships 2019 As part of the Commonwealth Marine Plastics Research Study & Development Structure (MPRIF), through generous financing from Waitrose & Partners, the ACU is releasing a 2nd round of our Blue Charter Fellowship Program that will offer 10 scholastic fellows with positionings of as much as 6-months at ACU member universities throughout the Commonwealth, in addition to in market.
These fellowships will support first-rate research study and development in marine plastics, and assist satisfy the goals of the MPRIF. The fellowships will last as much as 6 months and should occur in between September 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
Research Study Locations
Research study and research study translation locations will cover the broad location of marine plastics, particularly the following top priority locations of the MPRIF:
- avoiding plastics from entering the sea
- establishing options to plastics
- the capacity for tidying up the seas
- Fellows will get a grant of as much as ₤14,000 GBP to cover travel, lodging, nourishment, travel insurance coverage, vaccinations and visa expenses.
- All fellows will likewise get a research study grant of ₤ 4,000 GBP for research study expenses related to the Fellowship. This can likewise be utilized to add to conference involvement related to the fellowship work.
- Mentoring: Fellows who are ECRs will be appointed a professional coach at a third-party organization, which is not their house or host organization, who will offer assistance and suggestions throughout the fellowship.
- Candidates should be Post-PhD research study personnel or PhD trainees at ACU member organizations in any Commonwealth nation;-LRB- **************).
- Applications from early profession scientists (ECRs) are especially invited. Early profession is specified as existing PhD trainees, scientists as much as 10 years post-PhD, and likewise scientists who are going back to scholastic work following a profession break;-LRB- **************).
- Applicants from any discipline will be thought about, as long as they can show how their work connects to several of the 3 locations described above
- The fellowship should occur at an ACU member organization, or in market, outside the fellow’s nation of house. A list of organizations and managers who have actually revealed interest in hosting a Fellow is offered on the Host Institutions page
- Fellows are anticipated to be extremely experienced and inspired scientists whose suggested research study subject is ingenious, prompt, and most likely to result in larger effect beyond the scholastic neighborhood
- Candidates should send evidence that the host organization mores than happy to host their fellowship as part of the application procedure
- Candidates based in Asia or Small Island Establishing States (SIDS) are especially motivated to use
Please finish the online application by midnight UTC +1 on Sunday 16 June 2019.
As part of the application, candidates should send the following:
- Referral from their house university head of department/ manager
- Letter of assistance from their host university or market partner/ manager
They should likewise react to the following concerns:
- Sum up the collective work you prepare to perform throughout the fellowship. This need to be composed for an audience without anticipation of the topic, and should not be extremely technical. Any abbreviations or professional terms should be discussed. (200-300 words)
- If this is an existing cooperation, briefly explain the work performed to date (100-150 words)
- Explain how the work performed throughout and after the fellowship will add to the Commonwealth Blue Charter(100-150 words)
- Explain the most likely effect of your research study worldwide, nationally and in your area. Think of who will take advantage of the work, thinking about both scholastic and social effect. (200-300 words)
- Note the prepared results and outputs of the fellowship. This might be in the kind of journal posts, conference involvement, grant applications, media, neighborhood or policy engagement, exchange contracts with your host organization, and so on (50-150 words)
- How will the Fellowship aid you to conquer barriers you are dealing with in performing your research study at your house organization? (200-300 words)
- Please offer a quick overview of how you prepare to interact your research study to appropriate stakeholders in order to increase the prospective effect of your research study (200-300 words)
- What encourages you to request the fellowship, and why did you select your existing field of research study? (100-150 words)
To learn more, see ACU Blue Charter Fellowships