Due Date: November 7, 2018
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) welcomes applications for the ACU Blue Charter Fellowships. The fellowship supplies 35 scholastic fellows with 2-3 month positionings at ACU member universities throughout the Commonwealth, in addition to in market. These fellowships will support first-rate research study and development in marine plastics, and assist satisfy the goals of the Commonwealth Marine Plastics Research Study and Development Structure.
The Commonwealth Blue Charter verifies their cumulative dedication to protecting and supporting the world’s oceans. Part of this consists of taking on marine contamination– particularly the problem of marine plastics, which are significantly impacting the health of our oceans, marine life, and heaven Economy.
Research study and research study translation locations will cover the broad location of marine plastics, consisting of:
- avoiding plastics from entering the sea
- establishing options to plastics
- the capacity for tidying up the seas
Mentoring: Fellows who are ECRs will be appointed a professional coach at a third-party organization, which is not their house or host organization, who will supply assistance and guidance throughout the fellowship.
Worth of Fellowship
Fellows will get a grant of approximately ₤8000 GBP to cover travel, lodging, nourishment, travel insurance coverage, vaccinations and visa expenses.
All fellows will likewise get a research study grant of ₤2000 GBP for research study expenses– this can consist of conference involvement– related to the fellowship.
- Candidates should be research study personnel or PhD trainees at ACU member organizations in any Commonwealth nation
- Applications from early profession scientists (ECRs) are especially invited. Early profession is specified as existing PhD trainees, scientists approximately 10 years post-PhD, and likewise scientists who are going back to scholastic work following a profession break.
- Applicants from any discipline will be thought about, as long as they can show how their work connects to the subject.
- The fellowship should happen at an ACU member organization, or in market, outside the fellow’s nation of home.
- Fellows are anticipated to be extremely proficient and inspired scientists whose suggested research study subject is ingenious, prompt, and most likely to result in larger effect beyond the scholastic neighborhood.
- Candidates should send evidence that the host organization enjoys to host their fellowship as part of the application procedure.
Fellows will be needed to send a composed report within a month of completion of their fellowship, react to a follow-up study 12 months later on, and participate in one ACU-led interview throughout the duration of their fellowship. They will likewise have the chance to take part in the ACU Fellows’ alumni plan.
Total the online application by Wednesday 7 November at 23: 59 GMT
To find out more, go to ACU Blue Charter Fellowship