Deadline: July 19, 2020
Applications are open for the Athens Photo World Award 2020. As part of its mission, APW is organising the annual Photojournalism Award for professional photographers living and working in Greece and/or Cyprus. Now in its second year, APW is implemented with the lead support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
Athens Photo World (APW) aims at promoting the work of photographers and photojournalists, familiarizing the public with contemporary photojournalism and highlighting photojournalism’s contribution to recording history as it is written, in an effort to encourage photojournalists from around the world and support their commitment to their work and vision.
- A €5,000 cash prize will be awarded to an ongoing or complete photojournalism or documentary photography project.
- The winning project will be presented at next year’s APW festival with an individual exhibition of the photographer.
- Open to professional photographers living and working in Greece and/or Cyprus.
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2017 and December 2019.
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should to be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’.
- Files are to be sent at 1500pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field.
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast and luminance correction.
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera.
- The nominated winner will be required to produce the uploaded images with the original file size (unless cropped) in 300 dpi.
- The winner will be required to produce evidence (identity or documents) of professional engagement.
- Participants must guarantee that they are the authors and copyright owners of the submitted photos.
- The participants give to the organisers of Athens Photo World the right to use one of their photographs for the promotion of the competition (website, media and social media) both during the current event and in future ones.
- The photos submitted to the contest remain the intellectual property of their creators. Athens Photo World will take all applicable measures to ensure that the photographs submitted to the contest are not to be used for any purpose other than the purposes of promotion by the organisation itself and its affiliates.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a portfolio of twelve (12) photographs, along with an explanatory text and a brief resume.
For more information, visit Athens Photo World Award.