Due Date: February 28, 2019
Atlas Corps is now accepting applications for their 2019 Fellowship in the United States. The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s leading social modification leaders.
Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to establish management abilities and discover reliable practices through the Atlas Corps Worldwide Management Laboratory expert advancement series and networking chances with other Fellows. Individuals in this distinguished fellowship get medical insurance, flight and visa expenses, and a living stipend to cover fundamental costs (food, regional transport, and shared real estate).
The Atlas Corps Fellowship normally lasts 12-18 months. For those serving in the United States, they will be generating brand-new classes every 2 to 4 months. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, establish management abilities, and discover finest practices through the Atlas Corps Global Management Laboratory expert advancement series and networking chances with other Fellows who are skilled specialists from worldwide.
This distinguished fellowship consists of medical insurance, registration in the Atlas Corps Global Management Laboratory, flight and visa expenses, and a living stipend to cover fundamental costs (groceries, regional transport, and shared real estate).
Fellows– however not their dependents– get:
- Program-related worldwide travel (U.S. Fellows just)
- Program-related domestic travel
- Fundamental medical insurance
- Month-to-month stipend for fundamental living costs (shared real estate, food, regional transport)
- Paperwork (DS-2019) that allows the Fellow to get a J-1 visa.
- Positioning at a Host Company
- Involvement in the Atlas Corps Global Management Laboratory (not-for-profit management training series)
- 2 or more years of appropriate experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English efficiency (oral, composing, reading)
- Age 35 or more youthful
- Use to serve in a nation aside from where you are from (U.S. residents are not qualified for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Dedication to go back to your house nation after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Dedication to surviving on a fundamental stipend that just covers food, shared real estate, and regional transport
They think about applications on a rolling basis, though they motivate you to use as quickly as possible to be thought about for Host Company positionings. The application is a multi-step procedure. The Fellow Classes begin 4 times a year: January, April, July, and October.
To be thought about for Fellowships starting in July and October, they motivate you to send your Part 1 application no behind February28 To be thought about for Fellowships starting in January or April, we motivate you to send your Part 1 application no behind August 15.
- Online Application– Part 1: Part 1: You will require to produce a login and you can conserve your actions so that you can go back to the application at any time. In Part 1 of the application (called the “brief kind”), you supply contact details and finish the preliminary eligibility test. If you pass the preliminary eligibility test, you’ll finish extra background concerns and one brief essay. KEEP IN MIND: In order to sponsor Fellows to come to the United States for one year, they need in-depth details about each candidate. Please address each concern truthfully and completely.
- Online Application– Part 2 (by invite just): Atlas Corps will evaluate Part 1 applications and welcome qualified prospects to finish Part 2 of the application (called the “long kind”), that includes extra concerns about your abilities and interests and numerous brief essay concerns. You will likewise be needed to send contact details for a minimum of 2 referrals who understand you in an expert capability and will compose a recommendation letter about your abilities and experiences along with your capacity for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You will require to send your ask for recommendation letter straight through the application system. Your recommenders will get an e-mail that requests a suggestion. More in-depth directions can be discovered in the online application.
- Atlas Corps Evaluation and Interview Process (by invite just): Atlas Corps will evaluate Part 2 applications and choose leading prospects to speak with by means of Skype with the Atlas Corps Choice Board, consisting of Atlas Corps personnel and not-for-profit sector, federal government, and magnate from several nations.
- Host Company Evaluation Process (by invite just): Prospects who pass the Atlas Corps interview phase will be designated as Semi-Finalists, which indicates they are qualified to be examined by possible Host Organizations. Atlas Corps identifies which of our Semi-Finalists might be a great suitable for particular positions at possible Host Organizations based upon their interests and capability and the company’s requirements, and forwards those applications to the companies.
- Host Company Interview Process (by invite just): Host Organizations perform Skype video interviews with chosen Semi- Finalists.
- Choice and Visa Process: Host Organizations will make their last suggestions to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will inform the chosen prospects. After being chosen, Fellows will go to the U.S. Embassy in their particular nations to request a J-1 visa. Atlas Corps will supply assistance in acquiring this visa.
- Semi-Finalists who are not chosen by a Host Company will be informed and might be provided the alternative to keep their application on apply for factor to consider for the next class of the Fellowship.
KEEP IN MIND:
To find out more, see Atlas Corps Fellowship