Application Due Date: 1 August 2019
Do you wish to work to advance the application of Sustainable Advancement Objectives?
Do you wish to combat hardship and guarantee sustainable advancement?
Do you wish to lead modification and establish your abilities to do so?
This interesting collaboration objectives to develop a brand-new generation of young African ladies leaders and professionals to serve Africa and the world in developing and executing advancement programs in the context of the SDGs and Program 2063.
We are searching for 20 young African ladies who are prepared to use up a fellowship task for 12 months beginning with October 2019.
Tasks and Duties
Project and conditions
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Program uses an intriguing task with UNDP at Head Office in New York City or in a local or nation workplace.
a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the.
guidance and training of a skilled UNDP individuals supervisor and will.
take part in a mentorship and transformative management advancement.
training program collectively established by AUC and UNDP.
Secret locations of work connect to supporting:
- collection and analysis of info on SDGs and Program 2063
- SDG application and experimentation
- appealing locations of development, South-South and Tri-lateral partnership, collaborations and resource mobilisation that speed up UNDP’s program application
The Fellowship Program will cover costs associated with take a trip and.
medical insurance coverage. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to.
cover lodging and living expenses at the particular responsibility station.
To be thought about for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Program, candidates should satisfy the list below requirements:
- National of an AU Member State
- Aged listed below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Government, Company Administration, International Relations/Development, or other pertinent fields
- Optimum 1 year of working experience in research study, analysis and programme/project advancement, application and management
- Offered in 2019/20 to devote 12 months for a fellowship program and readily available to take part in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Ready to live and work outside their nation of home
- Efficiency in a minimum of one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working understanding of English
- Comprehending of, and interest in, hardship obliteration, sustainable structural improvement, the SDGs and Africa’s Program 2063
- Capability to collect thorough info on complex issues or circumstances, assessing info precisely, evaluating and determining crucial concerns and services
- effort, client-orientation, and operating in groups, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African nation
- experience in establishing technical propositions
- management, development and innovation and establishing networks/hubs/hangouts
The due date for applications is 1 August 2019
Your application should remain in English and should consist of consist of the following (to be scanned and published as one file):
- An in-depth CV
one page inspiration letter highlighting why you would be an impressive.
prospect, your strengths and how your involvement in the Program.
would add to your future profession
- A brief essay of not more.
than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your ingenious.
service to a complicated advancement issue– youth joblessness..
Explain the nature of the issue, what are the underlying causes, who.
is accountable for resolving this issue, what your ingenious service.
is and how you would execute it.
- Copies of your scholastic degrees
- 2 expert referrals
To Learn More: