Due Date: August 1, 2019
Do you wish to work to advance the execution of Sustainable Advancement Objectives? Do you wish to combat hardship and make sure sustainable advancement? Do you wish to lead modification and establish your abilities to do so? If so, use to the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Program 2019— a collaboration in between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Advancement Program (UNDP).
This interesting collaboration intends to construct a brand-new generation of young African ladies leaders and specialists to serve Africa and the world in developing and executing advancement programs in the context of the SDGs and Program2063 They are trying to find 20 young African ladies who are prepared to use up a fellowship task for 12 months beginning with October 2019.
Responsibilities and Obligations
The African Girl Leaders Fellowship Program provides an intriguing task with UNDP at Head Office in New York City or in a local or nation workplace. Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the guidance and training of a knowledgeable UNDP individuals supervisor and will take part in a mentorship and transformative management advancement training program collectively established by AUC and UNDP.
Secret locations of work connect to supporting:
- Collection and analysis of details on SDGs and Program 2063
- SDG execution and experimentation
Appealing locations of development, South-South and Tri-lateral partnership, collaborations and resource mobilisation that speed up UNDP’s program execution
- The Fellowship Program will cover expenditures associated with take a trip and medical insurance coverage. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover lodging and living expenses at the particular task station.
- Open to a nationwide of an AU Member State
- Aged listed below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Government, Organisation Administration, International Relations/Development, or other pertinent fields
- Optimum 1 year of working experience in research study, analysis and programme/project advancement, execution and management
- Offered in 2019/20 to commit 12 months for a fellowship program and readily available to take part in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Going to live and work outside their nation of home
- Efficiency in a minimum of one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working understanding of English
- Comprehending of, and interest in, hardship elimination, sustainable structural change, the SDGs and Africa’s Program 2063
- Capability to collect extensive details on complex issues or circumstances, examining details precisely, evaluating and determining essential concerns and services
- Effort, client-orientation, and operating in groups, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African nation
- Experience in establishing technical propositions
- Management, development and innovation and establishing networks/hubs/hangouts
Your application should remain in English and needs to consist of consist of the following (to be scanned and published as one file):
- A comprehensive CV
- A one page inspiration letter highlighting why you would be an exceptional prospect, your strengths and how your involvement in the Program would add to your future profession
- A brief essay of not more than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your ingenious option to an intricate advancement issue– youth joblessness. Explain the nature of the issue, what are the underlying causes, who is accountable for resolving this issue, what your ingenious option is and how you would execute it.
- Copies of your scholastic degrees
- 2 expert referrals
To find out more, go to AUC- UNDP Fellowship