Due Date: February 28, 2019
Submit entries for the AUDA/NEPAD Youth Essay Contest 2019 In an effort to promote African youth’s active involvement in the continent’s advancement, the African Union Advancement Agency/NEPAD is running a brief essay contest, targeting young African individuals and its diaspora in proposing concrete paths through which Program 2063, the continent’s structure for change, can be fast-tracked.
The contest intends to supply the area through which youths can reveal their views easily on “The Africa We Desired” by articulating their goals and suitables for forming the future of the continent. The brief essay topic is “The Africa We Desired”. Individuals are welcomed to send their ingenious concepts through a brief essay format– the concepts or propositions must be those that can possibly have favorable social effect presently, or those that will change the African continent in years to come through action/s that require to be taken now.
- Participants need to be aged in between 15 and 35 years by the contest due date;-LRB- ***************).
- Just one proposition per participant will be accepted;-LRB- ***************).
- Participants need to be African people; non-African people are not qualified to take part in the contest.;-LRB- ***************).
- All youths (in between the ages of 15 and 35) and specifically women, females and individuals dealing with impairments are highly motivated to take part.
- Type the essay on A4 paper size, 2-3 pages optimum. Handwritten essays are accepted and must be on A4 paper size, 2-3 pages optimum. Please include your name on the essay.
- Essays can be composed in any of the African Union (AU) main languages particularly: Swahili, English, French, Arabic and Portuguese.
The essays will be evaluated based upon the following requirements:
- Material and importance in regards to Africa’s advancement;-LRB- ***************).
- Development and imagination;-LRB- ***************).
- Possible for executing the concept on a big scale utilizing Africa’s own resources.
All participants need to send a finished and signed variation of the file listed below. Please put a check beside each product listed below to be particular you have actually not missed out on anything!
- The essay
- Adult approval (Appropriate just to those listed below the age of 18)
- Approval Type
If sending out by E-MAIL: Scan your entry files to a.jpg or.pdf format and connect them to the e-mail. Please send out the e-mail to [email protected]
If sending out by POST: Resolve the mail to: NEPAD Firm, 230, 15 th Roadway Randjespark, Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. If publishing your entry, please make certain to paperclip all of your files together, consisting of the essay.
Note: Winners will be revealed in April 2019 at the ‘Championing of Program 2063 for #TheAfricaWeWant’ advocacy occasion in Johannesburg, South Africa. They advise all entrants living outside South Africa to for that reason have their passports prepared, as the leading 5 winners will be welcomed to the prize-giving event in Johannesburg. The winners will all be informed prior to the occasion by e-mail or telephone number offered in the submission.
For more details, see AUDA/NEPAD Youth Essay Contest