Application Due Date: September 20 th 2019
The Advocacy Fellows Program is a job of AVAC. It is created to support emerging and mid-career supporters to develop and carry out advocacy tasks concentrated on HIV avoidance research study and application in their nations and neighborhoods. Advocacy Fellows perform their tasks while based at “Host Organisations” that are active partners in the Fellows Program procedure. AVAC offers technical and financial backing to Fellows– both wage and task budget plan– throughout of the Fellow year( April 2020– March 2021).
The total objective of Advocacy Fellows is to broaden and reinforce the capability of civil society supporters and organisations to keep track of, support and assist form HIV avoidance researchand fast rollout of brand-new reliable interventions in low-and middle-income countrieswith high HIV problems. The programis assisted by the belief that reliable, sustainable advocacy outgrows work that shows countrylevel organisational and specific interests and prioritiesand is led by enthusiastic supporters who are inspired to bring modification.
The Fellows program is carried out through a close partnership amongst the Advocacy Fellow, the Host Organisationand AVAC.
The Advocacy Fellows Program will run for one year, fromApril 2020 toMarch2021 Picked Advocacy Fellows need to likewise prepare to invest a couple of days working carefully with AVAC and their hosts to establish their work strategies prior to the Fellows Program year starts.
The Advocacy Fellows Program looks for the following:
• Emerging or mid-career neighborhood leaders and supporters included or intrigued in advocacy around HIV avoidance research study and application, especially the locations explained in Concern 3above.
• People with some experience or education in the locations of HIV and HELP, public health, medication, global advancement, females’s rights, interactions, or advocacy with essential populations, such as sex employees, LGBTQ individualsand drug users.
• People based in low-and middle-income nations with high HIV problems and where biomedical HIV avoidance scientific research study is prepared and or continuous and/or where there is existing deal with application of more recent biomedical avoidance methods (such as pre-exposure prophylaxis or PREPARATION, treatment, VMMCand multi-intervention programs such as the DREAMS Effort for teen ladies and girls or AGYW.) Supporters can likewise establish propositions that look for to catalyze strategies and policies in countrieswhere little activity on these concerns has actually occurred to date.Please check out the Avoidance & Research study database and www.avac.org/trial-mapand particular resources kept in mind in Concern 25 listed below to determine nations where research study and application is continuous or prepared.
• Those individuals skilled in the English language. Applications are motivated from all nations where biomedical avoidance research study or rollout is continuous, nevertheless the Advocacy Fellow and essential personnel at her/hisorganisationmust have the ability to interact with AVAC personnel in English.
• Shown awareness of and determination to find out about continuous avoidance research study and application in their particular nations, although substantial understanding in biomedical HIV avoidance is not needed. They should likewise have the ability to show tactical analysis of how Fellows Program activities will associate with regional avoidance landscapes.
The Fellows Program offers:
• Mentoring and capability buildingin HIV avoidance research study and application advocacy from AVAC for both Advocacy Fellows and Host Organisations.
• Connection to a worldwide networkof HIV supporters consisting of existing and previous Advocacy Fellows, scientists, civil society leaders and other people and/or organisations operating in comparable fields.
• Opportunities for networking and details sharingwith other Advocacy Fellows and abroader neighborhood of supporters consisting of activists, researchers, scientific trial personnel and other stakeholders operating in the HIV motion.
• A little stipend and technical assistancefor the picked Advocacy Fellow for the preliminary advancement of a comprehensive work strategy (approximately threedays over an optimum of 2 months). This stage occurs prior to the main Fellows Programyear starts.
• Financial backing and technical assistancefrom AVAC for task application over 12 months. Through a grant to the Host organisation, the Fellow will get full-time wage assistance, a spending plan for task execution and access to a discretionary fund for particular travel, facilities or and infotech (IT) requires.( Please keep in mind that in some really particular scenarios, Fellows can be allowed to devote less than 100 percent to the Fellows Programs. These plans should be raised early on in the process.Please see Concern 20 listed below)
• Overhead administration moneying to the Host Organisation to cover expenses connected with hosting a Fellow will likewise be consisted of in the grant. Overhead expenses are those that are sustained by the organisation to administer the grant that can not be straight credited to the Fellows Program activity (for instance, percentage of lease, phone, some workers expenses such as executive director, accounting and administrative personnel time) and computed as a portion of the total grant.
Download the Advocacy Fellows Program Application and Supporting Products
Application due date September 20!
For More Details: