Due Date: September 20, 2019
Applications are open for the AVAC Advocacy Fellowship Program 2020 The general objective of Advocacy Fellows is to broaden and reinforce the capability of civil society supporters and organisations to keep track of, support and assist form HIV avoidance research study and quick rollout of brand-new reliable interventions in low- and middle-income nations with high HIV concerns.
The program is directed by the belief that reliable, sustainable advocacy outgrows work that shows nation level organisational and specific interests and top priorities and is led by enthusiastic supporters who are encouraged to bring modification. The Fellows program is executed through a close partnership amongst the Advocacy Fellow, the Host Organisation and AVAC.
The Advocacy Fellows Program will run for one year, from April 2020 to March2021 Picked Advocacy Fellows ought to likewise prepare to invest a couple of days working carefully with AVAC and their hosts to establish their work strategies prior to the Fellows Program year starts.
The Fellows Program supplies:
- Mentoring and capability structure in HIV avoidance research study and application advocacy from AVAC for both Advocacy Fellows and Host Organisations.
- Connection to a worldwide network of HIV supporters consisting of present and previous Advocacy Fellows, scientists, civil society leaders and other people and/or organisations operating in comparable fields.
- Opportunities for networking and info sharing with other Advocacy Fellows and a more comprehensive neighborhood of supporters consisting of activists, researchers, medical trial personnel and other stakeholders operating in the HIV motion.
- A little stipend and technical support for the picked Advocacy Fellow for the preliminary advancement of an in-depth work strategy (approximately 3 days over an optimum of 2 months). This stage occurs prior to the main Fellows Program year starts.
- Financial backing and technical support from AVAC for job application over 12 months. Through a grant to the Host organisation, the Fellow will get full-time income assistance, a spending plan for job execution and access to a discretionary fund for particular travel, facilities or and infotech (IT) requirements
The Advocacy Fellows Program looks for the following:
- Emerging or mid-career neighborhood leaders and supporters included or intrigued in advocacy around HIV avoidance research study and application
- People with some experience or education in the locations of HIV and HELP, public health, medication, worldwide advancement, females’s rights, interactions, or advocacy with crucial populations, such as sex employees, LGBTQ people and drug users
- People based in low- and middle-income nations with high HIV concerns and where biomedical HIV avoidance medical research study is prepared and or continuous and/or where there is present deal with application of more recent biomedical avoidance methods (such as pre-exposure prophylaxis or PREPARATION, treatment, VMMC and multi intervention programs such as the DREAMS Effort for teen women and girls or AGYW.) Supporters can likewise establish propositions that look for to catalyze strategies and policies in nations where little activity on these concerns has actually occurred to date.
- Those individuals competent in the English language. Applications are motivated from all nations where biomedical avoidance research study or rollout is continuous, nevertheless the Advocacy Fellow and crucial personnel at her/his organisation need to have the ability to interact with AVAC personnel in English.
- Demonstrated awareness of and determination to discover continuous avoidance research study and application in their particular nations, although substantial understanding in biomedical HIV avoidance is not needed. They need to likewise have the ability to show tactical analysis of how Fellows Program activities will associate with regional avoidance landscapes.
Candidates need to send the specific and Host Organisation info kinds, the essay/short response concerns, the Host Organisation letter of assistance by September 20, 2019.
Download the Advocacy Fellows Program Application and Supporting Products:
Total the Application and send in addition to other appropriate files to [email protected]
To find out more, check out AVAC Advocacy Fellowship