Deadline: October 8, 2018
The decision for purposes for the second spherical of the AWARD Pan-African Fellowship, which is able to start in February 2019, is now open. The AWARD Fellowship is a career-development program that equips high ladies agricultural scientists throughout sub-Saharan Africa to speed up agricultural beneficial properties by strengthening their science and management expertise.
The AWARD Pan-African Fellowship was initiated in 2017 with assist from the Agropolis Basis, the Invoice & Melinda Gates Basis (BMGF) and america Company for Worldwide Improvement (USAID) nation missions. AWARD is a catalyst for improvements with excessive potential to contribute to the prosperity and well-being of African smallholder farmers.
African Ladies in Agricultural Analysis and Improvement (AWARD) is dedicated to working in the direction of inclusive, agriculture-driven prosperity for the African continent by strengthening the manufacturing and dissemination of extra gender-responsive agricultural analysis and innovation. We put money into African scientists, analysis establishments, and agribusinesses in order that they’ll ship agricultural improvements that higher reply to the wants and priorities of a range of ladies and men throughout Africa’s agricultural worth chains.
WARD Fellows profit from a two-year fellowship targeted on fostering mentoring partnerships, constructing science expertise, and creating management capability.
In the course of the two-year fellowship, AWARD Fellows stay of their establishments, proceed their analysis, and journey to AWARD coaching programs held in varied areas throughout Africa.
Candidates for the fellowship should:
- Be aged 40 and under on the time of software
- Be a citizen of Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, and Togo
- Have attained a minimal training degree of a bachelor’s diploma
- Reside in Africa and doing analysis in agricultural associated fields together with however not restricted to agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, agronomy, meals science and diet, extension training, ecology; molecular biology, plant/animal breeding, crop science, animal and livestock sciences, entomology, pure useful resource administration; virology; soil science; aquatic sources/fisheries, forestry and agroforestry, biodiversity conservation, horticulture; water/irrigation administration
- NOT be a earlier fellow/mentor within the AWARD Fellowship Initiative
- Specific consideration can be accorded to candidates engaged on sustainable agricultural worth chains; sustainable meals system; agro-ecology and resilient seed methods
Following a extremely aggressive course of, the fellowship is awarded on the idea of mental benefit, management capability and the potential impression of the scientist’s analysis to enhance the livelihoods of small holder farmers.
- The appliance interval for the 2019 AWARD Pan-African Fellowship Program begins on September 05, 2018 and closes October 08, 2018, 23:59 East Africa Time (EAT)
- Solely candidates whose purposes are full can be thought of. Please word, every part of the appliance half needs to be precisely accomplished
- Purposes and knowledge submitted by way of electronic mail or another means is not going to be thought of
- Just one software is allowed per applicant
For extra data, go to AWARD.