Due Date: June 24, 2019
The African Women’s Advancement Fund (AWDF) welcomes African females and reporters to make an application for the African Women’s Writers Workshop2019 This 10- day composing workshop occurs in Ghana, from October 21-30, 2019.
The workshop will be assisted in by acclaimed author Yewande Omotoso, and worldwide well-known reporter, Sylvia Vollenhoven. This workshop is targeted at females authors, reporters and activists who want to step-up their participation in highlighting problems around females’s rights and social justice and who want to enhance and practice their individual writing abilities.
Individuals will be anticipated to check out extensively from designated chosen texts, and to finish day-to-day composing workouts. After the workshop, the individuals are anticipated to utilize the understanding gotten to compose extensively about social justice problems in and beyond their neighborhoods. Individuals will likewise be needed to produce a minimum of 2 posts, blog sites or longer pieces for usage by AWDF.
AWDF will supply the following to effective candidates
- Big salami fare. Individuals from the diaspora might be needed to pay part of the expense of air fare depending upon the budget plan
- Complete lodging and meals
- Workshop product and fixed
- Candidates must be from the African area, or the diaspora;-LRB- *************).
- Be a feminist or females’s rights activist;-LRB- *************).
- Have high efficiency in English (spoken and composed);-LRB- *************).
- Be a skilled author (released or unpublished);-LRB- *************).
- Be readily available to take a trip to Ghana and remain for the whole 10- day session
- Girls authors in between ages 21-35 are particularly motivated to use
- Top priority will be provided to interested females authors (fiction & non fiction) reporters, academics who want to actively participate in females’s rights advocacy
To use, send out an email to [email protected] with the following:
- Contact information consisting of name, e-mail address, phone number
- A brief bio (optimum 200 words)
- A sample post composed by the candidate, about females’s rights or social justice -in between 500 and 1000 words. The sample possibly unpublished or released on any media. AWDF will not be accountable for any cases of supposed plagiarism
To find out more, go to AWDF Workshop