Application Deadline:March 13, 2020.
The AWS Educate Cloud Ambassador Program is for top-tier cloud educators who serve as ambassadors and evangelists for AWS Educate. These leaders share their knowledge and experience in teaching cloud computing with other educators at their institution, in their community, and around the world. Cloud Ambassadors are recognized in the education community, receive additional professional development, and are eligible for exclusive benefits for helping other educators provide cloud computing learning experiences for their students in order to prepare them for the modern workforce.
Educators are chosen to join the program who:
- Are experienced users of AWS academically or commercially
- Have experience teaching students cloud computing concepts
- Are willing to share their experience with the AWS Educate community
- Are excited about actively participating in a community of educators focused on furthering cloud education and preparing students for the modern workforce
The AWS Educate Cloud Ambassador Program is available in all locations where AWS Educate is available.
The program is available to AWS Educate educator members who are employed at a public or private school, college, university, or nonprofit agency/organization. To avoid conflicts of interest, superintendents, college or university presidents, and other top-level leaders of organizations are ineligible for the program given their official roles for purchasing decisions. Exceptions are evaluated on a case by case basis by the AWS Educate Cloud Ambassador Program team and the AWS legal team.
In order to be a good standing member, AWS Educate Faculty Ambassadors are expected to:
- Attend a virtual kickoff event and participate in quarterly update calls
- Complete member surveys
- Participate in at least one special interest group
- Stay knowledgable about the effective use of AWS Educate’s programs, features, and services
- Evangelize AWS Educate and cloud instruction through at least two social media posts, blog posts, AWS Educate events, or user workshops annually. Cloud Ambassadors must also report their activities.
Membership standing is evaluated every two years.
- Recognition at AWS Events
- Special designation in the AWS Educate portal
- Inclusion in AWS Educate marketing
- Ability to share thought leadership with the AWS Educate global community
- Special training at select AWS Events
- Incremental AWS Promotional Credits
- Quarterly Tech Talks with AWS service teams
- Collaboration with AWS and other Cloud Ambassadors on content development
- Early access, under NDA, to select AWS services
- Invitations to exclusive AWS events
- Limited edition swag and gear
- Access to AWS leadership
- Discounted registration rate for AWS re:Invent
How to Apply
To become an AWS Educate Faculty Ambassador, educators must:
- Be a member of AWS Educate. If you are not a member, sign up.
- During the annual submission period, complete a brief Faculty Ambassador application in the AWS Educate educator portal. Annual submission periods are in Q1 of each year.
- Create and submit an original video answering questions provided in the application. An example can be found in the AWS Educate educator portal.
For More Information: