Deadline: September 17, 2021
Applications for the Baraza Media Lab Incubator 2021 are now open. The Baraza Incubator will host for-profit and non-profit organizations, as well as individuals and teams who wish to create an organization or implement a specific innovative project in the media space.
They will assist the incubated startups with support in developing a route to commercialization, formulation of an outstanding management team, beta testing a product or service that addresses a real need in the community, marketing ingenuity, sound legal advice, as well as a grant to cushion the experimental phase. The maximum time of supporting organizations or projects is 12 months from the date of their selection.
- Strategic advice and mentoring from local and international experts.
- Networking opportunities for potential partnerships or team building locally and abroad.
- Access to workshops and events.
- Workplace essentials (office space, internet, etc.).
- Introduction to potential investors or and links to strategic partners.
- A $2,500 stipend towards the development of the business, disbursed within the incubation period.
- Business training programs (governance, government relations, presentation skills, management skills, business etiquette, etc.).
- Assistance selecting an Advisory Board and industry-related mentors.
- Baraza takes up 5% of the business’ shareholding.
- Open to for-profit and nonprofit organizations, as well as individuals and teams who wish to create an organization or implement a specific innovative project in the media space.
- At the moment, the incubation program is open to Kenyan citizens and residents only.
The selection is conducted with a group of 5 (professionals from Kenya and the Baraza Media Lab Team), who will evaluate candidates based on predefined criteria. The committee will only select and reach out to the top five organisations to go through with the incubation. This number can grow depending on the availability of funds for the program.
They are looking for novel ideas focused on innovative business models & forms of storytelling for media. Apply today for a chance to be part of the next cohort!
For more information, visit Baraza Media Lab.