Application Due Date: 26 February 2019 at 23: 59 GMT.
The BBC is looking for an increasing star of African journalism for the BBC World News Komla Dumor Award, now in its 5th year.
from throughout the continent are welcomed to obtain the award, which.
objectives to discover and promote fresh skill from Africa.
The winner will invest 3 months at the BBC head office in London, getting abilities and experience.
The award was developed to honour Komla Dumor, an extraordinary Ghanaian broadcaster and speaker for BBC World News, who dropped dead aged 41 in2014
It will be made to an exceptional specific living and operating in.
Africa, who integrates strong journalism abilities, on-air style, and an.
extraordinary skill in informing African stories with the aspiration and.
possible to end up being a star of the future.
In addition to hanging out with the BBC in London, the winner will likewise get to take a trip to Africa to report a story– and have actually that story shared throughout the continent and the world.
The winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor.
award will get an unbelievable training and advancement.
chance with the BBC in London, beginning in early September 2019 and.
running for 3 months. Dealing with groups from throughout BBC News, the.
winner will produce an African story for the BBC and have their story.
and their voice shared throughout the continent and the world. They will be.
supported by a top-level BBC coach and participate in courses run by the.
BBC’s first-rate training department, the BBC Academy.
The BBC will spend for the winner’s flights to and from the UK and for their visa. We will likewise set up and spend for the winner’s lodging in London throughout their positioning.
The winner will get ₤ 2,000 monthly for the 3 month positioning to cover their living costs and a one-off payment of ₤ 5,000 as a contribution towards loss of wage in their house nation. A few of the above might go through tax (and reductions will be made as suitable).
To obtain this distinguished award, you should be presently living and working as a reporter in Africa.
You should likewise have the following abilities and experience:
- Exceptional journalism abilities, consisting of in digital and social networks.
- Broadcasting experience is more effective.
- An outstanding broadcasting voice and strong presenting abilities with the capability to carry out at the microphone with style.
- The capability to recognize and pitch a strong initial African story.
concept, lined up to the BBC editorial.
- Wide and current understanding and understanding of the African.
continent, consisting of politics, service, culture, history and sport.
- Fluency in English as a very first or comparable language.
Extra requirements for all candidates
- You should supply a CV (optimum 2 pages)/ finish a professions center profile.
- You should hold or have the ability to get by 1st March 2019 a passport that stands till a minimum of 31 st January 2020.
- You should not be an existing or previous member of BBC personnel.
- If effective, your company needs to want to launch you for.
3 months from September 2019 for you to take a trip by yourself to take.
up your positioning in London.
- The visa needs that you hold a degree or are studying towards a.
degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from an identified.
- Referrals, evidence of work, birth certificate, passport, an.
suitable UK visa and evidence of level of English will be needed from.
- 2015: Nancy Kacungira from Uganda
- 2016: Didi Akinyelure from Nigeria
- 2017: Amina Yuguda from Nigeria
- 2018: Waihiga Mwaura from Kenya
Apply Now for the
For Additional Information: