Due Date: February 26, 2019
The BBC is looking for an increasing star of African journalism for the BBC World News Komla Dumor Award, now in its 5th year. The BBC World News Komla Dumor Award will be made to an exceptional specific living and operating in Africa, who integrates strong journalism abilities, on air style, and a remarkable skill in informing African stories with the aspiration and capacity to end up being a star of the future.
The award was developed to honour Komla Dumor, a remarkable Ghanaian broadcaster and speaker for BBC World News, who dropped dead aged 41 in2014 Komla Dumor was a reporter of Africa. His enthusiasm was to inform African stories to the world with sincerity and stability. The Award is a tradition that the BBC wishes to continue. The winner will invest 3 months at the BBC head office in London, acquiring abilities and experience.
- The winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor award will get an unbelievable training and advancement chance with the BBC in London, beginning in early September 2019 and running for 3 months. Dealing with groups from throughout BBC News, the winner will produce an African story for the BBC and have their story and their voice shared throughout the continent and the world. They will be supported by a top-level BBC coach and participate in courses run by the BBC’s first-rate training department, the BBC Academy.
- The BBC will spend for the winner’s flights to and from the UK and for their visa. They will likewise organize and spend for the winner’s lodging in London throughout their positioning. The winner will get ₤ 2,000 each month for the 3 month positioning to cover their living costs and a one-off payment of ₤ 5,000 as a contribution towards loss of income in their house nation. A few of the above might undergo tax (and reductions will be made as proper).
To obtain this prominent award, you should be presently living and working as a reporter in Africa.
You should likewise have the following abilities and experience:
- Outstanding journalism abilities, consisting of in digital and social networks.
- Broadcasting experience is more effective.
- An outstanding broadcasting voice and strong presenting abilities with the capability to carry out at the microphone with style.
- The capability to determine and pitch a strong initial African story concept, lined up to the BBC editorial standards
- Wide and updated understanding and understanding of the African continent, consisting of politics, service, culture, history and sport.
- Fluency in English as a very first or comparable language.
Extra requirements for all candidates
- You should offer a CV (optimum 2 pages)/ finish a professions center profile.
- You should hold or have the ability to acquire by 1st March 2019 a passport that stands up until a minimum of 31 st January 2020.
- You should not be a present or previous member of BBC personnel.
- If effective, your company needs to want to launch you for 3 months from September 2019 for you to take a trip by yourself to use up your positioning in London.
- The visa needs that you hold a degree or are studying towards a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from an identified university.
- Referrals, evidence of work, birth certificate, passport, a suitable UK visa and evidence of level of English will be needed from shortlisted prospects.
To learn more, go to Komla Dumor Award