Application Due Date: 11 MARCH2020
In 2019, the Trust has actually granted over 20 brand-new Scholarships at British and South African universities, by ways of generous scholastic collaborations with leading organizations.
The Beit Trust has collaboration arrangements with the universities listed below. This makes it possible for the Trust to share expenses, and to increase the variety of scholarships it can money. For this factor, just candidates with approvals from the universities noted will be qualified for Beit Scholarships
There are 6 universities in the UK: Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Oxford and Strathclyde
There are presently 3 active partners in South Africa: Rhodes, Stellenbosch and UCT
These collaborations enable us to award joint scholarships (e.g. Beit-Cambridge, Beit-UCT, and so on), and might alter from time to time. Candidates need to initially use to, and be accepted by, a Beit partner university prior to using to the Trust for a scholarship
The next round of Beit Scholarships will be granted for the scholastic year start September 2020 for universities in the UK; and January 2021
for universities in South Africa. Scholarships for the scholastic year.
starting September 2019 (UK) and January 2020 (SA) have actually currently been.
Please check out the area above, on the Trust’s Joint University Collaborations As set out, the Trust has actually jointly-funded scholastic collaborations with 6 universities in the UK, and 3 in South Africa. We will money effective candidates to these universities just
- Costs, tuition expenses and associated scholastic costs. These are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- An individual allowance, index-linked in accordance with assistance from an independent authority, covering upkeep assistance.
- Other allowances are spent for arrival, a laptop computer and a return flight house.
- Economy Class tickets are offered the preliminary journey to the location of research study, and on last return.
- No allowances are spent for partners and other member of the family.
The procedure for making an application for a Beit Scholarship is as follows:
nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, who are likewise resident in and.
mean to go back to those nations, are qualified to use;-LRB- ****************).
need to be for a 1 year taught Master’s Degree (to UK universities);.
and a two-year taught Master’s in South Africa;-LRB- ****************).
- Applications need to be made straight to the partner universities noted above, and just to those universities, through their sites and in the duration starting September 2019(although some application windows do not open up until October. Their sites will direct you).
long as the courses to be pursued are readily available, you might use to more.
than one partner university at a time, and may want to do so to.
increase your possibilities of approval;-LRB- ****************).
When you have actually a.
conditional approval or a deal from your selected partner university,.
you need to use as early as possible to The Beit Trust for a.
scholarship, utilizing this connected application
Trust will then sort and shortlist the most certified, for interview by.
nationwide choice boards in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi. The boards.
will being in April 2020.
- Resources are minimal and the.
scholarship procedure competitive. Not all those talked to will.
always be picked for a Scholarship. However an interview is necessary to choice;-LRB- *********).
- The Trust will alert those picked for interview of the date, time and location;-LRB- ****************).
Trust will offer specific weight to those who have work or other.
expert experience; have actually shown a capability to end up being leaders.
in their field; read for a degree of direct and useful.
importance to the advancement of their nation; and whose mentioned.
intent is to go back to their nation at the conclusion of their.
If you have an interest in a Beit Scholarship, and as an assistance in tracking possibly certified candidates, would you please:
- Alert the pertinent university, as part of your research study application, that you will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship financing. Please show your work or expert experience;-LRB- ****************).
- Alert the Trust when you have actually sent an application to a partner university;-LRB- ****************).
- Inform the Trust which course you have actually made an application for;
- Validate your citizenship to the Trust;-LRB- ****************).
- Zimbabweans and Malawians need to send their application to email@example.com
- Zambians need to send theirs to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any additional info about making an application for a Beit Scholarship, and are from Zambia, please call the Scholarship Secretary on email@example.com
If you are from either Zimbabwe or Malawi, please call the Harare Scholarship Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
To Find Out More: