Deadline: October 31, 2018
Applications are open for the 2018 Bertha Scholarship at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. The Bertha scholarship is offered to innovators, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change-makers, social activists and cross-disciplinary candidates from any field who are actively involved in the exploration of social, environmental and/or economic justice using innovative approaches.
In doing this, the Centre aims to diversify the student body at the Graduate School of Business, by enabling scholars who might not have been able to study at the institution, and investing in their journey to increase their social impact as their career evolves. The Centre recognises the systemic impact of nurturing cross-disciplinary/sector relationships and networks, and therefore are committed to growing its Scholar Alumni Community.
- The Bertha Scholarship covers full or partial costs of the MBA (both full-time and the modular programme) and MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programmes at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business;
- The scholarship entails joining an illustrious cohort of alumni, and a thriving community of dynamic change makers. Being a scholar is about joining a collective, as much as it is about propelling your own professional and personal trajectory.
- You must meet the admission requirements of the university for your selected course of study;
- You are an African citizen or permanent resident;
- You are an entrepreneur who has started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social and/or economic change;
- You are an intrapreneur who has worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation.
- You demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field.
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme application before the respective deadlines to the GSB
- Submit the GSB Scholarship Application form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded.
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short (no longer than four minute) video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).
For more information, visit Bertha Scholarship.