Application Deadline: August 11th 2020 23:59 (COT)
The Beyond Sport Foundation established the Collective Impact Awards in 2019 to bring together the best and most innovative organizations from around the world that are using sport to address specific UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs or Global Goals) – to facilitate and fund collaboration to drive greater impact.
The 2020 Sport for Gender Equality Collective Impact Award
Supported by Comic Relief & The BT Supporter’s Club
Backed by Comic Relief – a Beyond Sport Foundation partner since 2014 – and the BT Supporters Club, we will be investing £225,000 in a group of organizations that are using sport to progress Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls and, in turn, advance society as a whole (see criteria below).
With the current global pandemic exacerbating gender inequality and marginalization, and with just under 10 years to achieve the 2030 Global Goal deadline, sport is well-positioned to be at the heart of solutions.
Supported by the grant funding and a comprehensive business support package, three to five organizations will be selected to work together over one year, benefiting from each other’s individual expertise, sharing best practice and working through issues in real time to drive real, sustainable impact through sport.
Comic Relief is the biggest funder of sport for social change in the UK and we are thrilled to partner with them on the Collective Impact Awards.
- Organization, project or program must effectively demonstrate how it is using sport as a tool to promote gender equality and empower women and girls
- Submitting organizations must operate primarily in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Nepal, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Zambia and/or Zimbabwe.
- Entries must clearly demonstrate contributions to the targets of SDG 5: Gender Equality
- Applicants must meet Comic Relief’s Funding Eligibility Requirements and adhere to Beyond Sport’s 5 Basic Principles
- Submitting organizations must commit to collaborate, communicate and share best practice with the other selected organizations
For More Information: