Deadline: August 16, 2021
Applications for the Bioscience Innovation Bootcamp 2021 are now open. BioInnovate Africa and BeCA-ILRI Hub in collaboration with Inclusive Business Sweden and Villgro Africa have organised a 5-day bioscience innovation bootcamp for entrepreneurial scientists in central and eastern Africa to empower them to develop innovative and commercially viable biological based ideas in areas including but not limited to:
- Food and Feed
- Green chemicals
- Plant and animal diseases diagnostics
- Wastewater treatment
- You will gain skills in packaging your innovative idea and making it commercially viable and ready for investment.
- You will increase your chances of being eligible for future funding and technical assistance by BioInnovate Africa and Villgro Africa.
- You will have the opportunity to pitch your innovative idea to potential investors during the bootcamp and a possibility to secure funding.
- Additionally, you will network with a wide range of stakeholders during the second regional Bioeconomy conference taking place in November 2021.
- Open to citizens and/or nationals of any of the following countries, where BioInnovate Africa and BecA-ILRI Hub network exists: Burundi, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Applicants should be:
- Either scientists/researchers employed at a university, research organisation or private company in any of the listed countries.
- Or postgraduate students studying at a university or research organisation in any of the listed countries.
- An innovative bio-based idea with potential for commercial application (40 points)
- Technical proof of concept will be preferred over unproven ideas (30 points).
- A committed multidisciplinary team of three (3) members. It is highly preferable to have the idea bearer in the team (30 points).
- Applicants should complete an online application form
- The following documents should be uploaded through the online form.
For more information, visit Bioscience Innovation Bootcamp.