Application Due Date: June 30 th 2019
Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers applications are now open! A series of three-month extensive composing fellowships, the objective is to establish, assistance, and magnify emerging, varied voices in feminist, activist, and pop-culture media. All fellows will work under the assistance of Bitch cofounder Andi Zeisler.
The fellowships were developed in order to cultivate and magnify brand-new voices. If you are an author who has very little publication experience, we highly motivate you to use. If you are enthusiastic about among the above disciplines however do not have a history of composing or blogging about them, we highly motivate you to use. If you are an author still finding out what topics consume you, we highly motivate you to use.
Fellows will operate in among 4 disciplines throughout their fellowship duration:
- Sexual politics
- Pop-culture criticism
- International feminism
Throughout the 3-month fellowship, fellows will:
- Produce a minimum of 6 online posts for Bitch Media in the subject location of their fellowship. These pieces can take a range of kinds: reported, analytical, advocacy-focused, and even infographic.
- Produce a minimum of one longform short article to be released in the quarterly publication Bitch: A Feminist Action to Popular Culture
- Take part in biweekly conversations (by phone or Zoom if fellows can not fulfill face to face) with the fellowship director and other members of the Bitch Media personnel.
- Receive mentorship and assistance in producing, forming, and modifying posts and online pieces.
- Get follow-up assistance with positioning future posts and essays, and make terrific connections within the feminist-media neighborhood.
- Get a $2,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.
Application Standards (Keep In Mind that all applications are to be sent by means of Submittable):
- Check out the Frequently Asked Question’s However seriously, please make certain to check out the Frequently Asked Question’s prior to completing your application.
- A cover letter of no greater than 600 words that explains your.
interest in the fellowship location of your option. What are the subjects.
you’re enthusiastic about?
- What are the elements and angles of this topic that you believe are underreported and under-discussed somewhere else in the media?
- What distinct experiences and point of views will you give the subject?
- A CV (no greater than 2 pages) that consists of a list of any previous.
publications, if suitable. (You can still use to a Bitch Media.
Composing Fellowship even if you do not have any clips or prior.
- 3 (3) pertinent composing samples
- Brief response concerns to assist Bitch be familiar with you
For Additional Information: