Deadline: March 1, 2022
Applications for the Boehm Media Fellowship 2022 are now open. The Boehm Media Fellowships provides opportunities for communication, media, and storytelling experts who are committed to social impact and sustainable solutions to poverty and injustice to participate as delegates at Opportunity Collaboration.
They understand media to be a diverse and multidisciplinary field across sectors including but not limited to journalism, public relations and communications, social media, film, podcasts, radio, television, photography, media literacy and other mixed or new and emerging media channels and productions. They are seeking individuals who, on their own or through their organizational roles, utilize the media in creative and innovative ways to influence culture, collaborate with communities and interface with new paradigms and ideas to catalyze change.
The goals of the Boehm Media Fellowship are as follows:
- Leverage opportunities for the social impact community to engage in their work more quickly, more fully and with more knowledge.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for those engaged in social impact initiatives to connect with experts/professionals from the media sector, and for those in the media sector to build relationships and networks to further collaborate on impact driven missions.
- Engage Fellows in personal and professional development opportunities to better understand, capture and share mission-driven impact across beliefs, borders, stakeholders and countries.
- Boehm Media Fellows receive a $3,450 scholarship to cover their Opportunity Collaboration conference fee.
- Fellows pay a refundable $250 administration fee. The administration fee will be refunded following attendance of the conference.
- Fellows receive a reasonable stipend to cover airfare expenses. Stipends will be based on average airfare costs from the location of origin. Upgraded flights or last-minute bookings costs will not be covered.
- The fellowship includes all onsite costs: 4 nights lodging (Sunday – Wednesday), all meals Sunday through Thursday, gratuities, airport shuttle, etc. Note: Media Fellows receive their own rooms and are welcome to bring companions including children.
- Fellows are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a travel visa from the Mexican government, if required. The Opportunity Collaboration provides Fellows with a formal invitation letter for use with immigration authorities.
- Cancellation: All Boehm Media Fellows pay a refundable $250 registration fee. If Boehm Media Fellows cancel their participation, their $250 will not be refunded.
- Applicants are high-impact media experts committed to economic justice and poverty alleviation with a demonstrated success in innovative social change.
- The Boehm Media Fellowship is committed to diversity on all levels including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, geographic region, experience level, and media focus.
Terms and Conditions
Fellows are expected to engage before, during and after Opportunity Collaboration in the following ways:
Prior to attending the Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Contribute 7-10 hours of their time between April and September.
- Collaborate through video conference calls, emails, Google docs, and Slack.
During the week of Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Provide a minimum of 10 hours of service. This includes attending the opening and closing receptions, leading or co-leading onsite media sessions, and supporting both Fellows and Delegates through one on one and other types of support.
Following Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Identify and share relevant content and resources (articles, blogs, websites, tools, etc.) to expand the media knowledge of the Delegate community.
- Provide feedback on the Fellowship via a survey and through a feedback call with one of the Media Coordinators.
Following Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows are encouraged to:
- Share their various media publication/work with the Alumni community.
- Work collaboratively on any relevant topics.
Applications for 2022 will close March 1, 2022. Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed only if space becomes available.
For more information, visit Boehm Media Fellowship.