Due Date: November 30, 2018
The Borlaug Fellowship Program is now open for applications. The Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Innovation Fellowship Program promotes food security and financial development by offering training and collective research study chances to fellows from establishing and middle-income nations.
Borlaug fellows are normally researchers, scientists, or policymakers who remain in the early or middle phases of their professions. Each fellow works individually with a coach at a U.S. university, proving ground or federal government firm, generally for 8-12 weeks. The U.S. coach will later on check out the fellow’s house organization to continue partnership. Fellows might likewise participate in expert conferences and occasions within their field, such as the yearly World Food Reward Seminar.
The Borlaug Fellowship Program honors Norman E. Borlaug, the American agronomist, humanitarian and Nobel laureate referred to as the “dad of the Green Transformation.” Because the program’s beginning in 2004, roughly 800 fellows from 64 nations have actually taken part in research study and training concentrated on a large selection of agriculture-related subjects, consisting of agronomy, veterinary science, nutrition, food security, hygienic and phytosanitary problems, natural deposit management, farming biotechnology, farming economics, and farming policy. By enhancing individuals’ understanding of farming science, the program assists promote science-based trade policies that enhance global market gain access to for U.S. farming items.
To be thought about for the Borlaug Fellowship Program, prospects need to:
- Be people of a qualified nation:.
- Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia
- Be proficient in English
- Have actually finished a Master’s or greater degree
- Remain in the early or middle phase of their profession, with a minimum of 2 ( however not more than 10) years of useful experience
- Be utilized by a university, federal government firm or research study entity in their house nation
- Show their intent to continue operating in their house nation after finishing the fellowship
USDA picks prospects based upon their scholastic and expert research study interests and accomplishments, level of clinical proficiency, ability for clinical research study, management capacity, possibility of restoring originalities to their house organization, and versatility and ability for success in a cross-cultural environment. Factor to consider is likewise provided to the significance of the candidate’s research study location to the research study subjects highlighted in the application statement and to international food security and trade.
Prospects need to use by means of the online application system (link listed below). The following info will be needed:
- Finished application
- 2-3 page program proposition and action strategy
- Signed approval from candidate’s house organization
- 2 recommendation letters
- Authorities copy of records for college/university degree( s) gotten
- Copy of passport recognition page
Research Study Concerns: 2018 Borlaug Fellowship Research Study Priorities by Nation
For more details, see Borlaug Fellowship Program