Due Date: September 29, 2019
Applications are open for the Bosch Stiftung/n-ost Reporters in the Field Journalism Research Study Grant Program 2019 The grants are used to worldwide groups of reporters to recognize a crossborder story.
From the European Parliament elections to Brexit to the CumEx-Files: all indications indicate the ongoing significance of crossborder journalism to understand complicated multinational problems. If you are a press reporter who wishes to dig much deeper and work together with others to cover pertinent European stories that do not stop at borders– then Reporters in the Field is your journalism grant!
- As Much As EUR8,000 in research study grants per group for a story of your option
- Receive training and feedback from specialists and
- Enter into a pan-European network of crossborder professionals
- Worldwide groups with expert freelance or personnel reporters who work for developed media outlets (no matter if print, picture, broadcast, web, or cross-media) are qualified. No age limitation uses.
- The grant can just be moved to people, not to NGOs, business or media outlets. Please understand that the grant goes through the tax laws of your nation.
- Your group and story should be based primarily in a minimum of 2 of the list below nations: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and UK.
- Expediency– Research Study & Publication: How most likely is it that you finish the story as prepared? How will you discover the ideal lead characters and sources? Could there be any anticipated issues? How will you accomplish to release for a more comprehensive audience?
- Importance: How does the story add to essential present concerns– in all of the nations where it is set? Does it meet a guard dog function? Will it highlight pertinent subjects? Exists a reason it requires to be done now?All types (investigative, picture, documentary, …) are provided the exact same possibility to be moneyed.
- Cross-border impacts: Why is this a real crossborder story? Does it have a European viewpoint? Reach a worldwide audience? Preferably, each part of the research study includes various parts, info and viewpoints. If you compare 2 or more nations: what makes this contrast natural?
- Creativity: Do you feel the story covers an underreported subject? Will it shock the audience and deal truths they didn’t understand yet? Does it consist of brand-new technical research study possibilities or uncommon lead characters?
- Group structure: Program that your group is capable to do this story! Do you have the regional proficiency required? Did you currently collaborate? Is every pertinent job covered? Do you feel that everyone’s function is clear and possible?
- Coordinate With your associates and designate a job leader, who will serve as your agent for all correspondence, administrative and monetary functions.
- Prepare your application in English utilizing the application. You can conserve your application prior to sending it.
- Send one joint application for your group and ensure to consist of CVs and additional info on the private staff member by September29 Applications sent out by means of email or post will not be thought about and can not be returned.
- Conserve the Date of the kickoff conference in Berlin (compulsory): November 29– December 1, 2019)
To learn more, see n-ost Grant