Deadline: December 9, 2021
Applications are open for the bp Net Zero Scholarship 2022 to Attend the One Young World Summit. As bp heads towards net zero, they are committed to listening to, learning from and working with others. That’s why bp is pleased to support the Net Zero Scholarship, a program to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimagining energy for people and planet today.
Five scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business. The scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Advocating for progressive climate policies
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind
- Improving access to decarbonised energy
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, regions,cities and industries
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 – 19 May 2022.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
- Applicants should be aged 18 – 30.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Demonstrated impact in one of the following areas:
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind.
- Improving access to decarbonised energy.
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
- Advocating for progressive climate policies.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit One Young World.