Deadline: September 29, 2021
Applications are open for the British Academy Knowledge Frontiers: International Interdisciplinary Research Program 2022. This program provides UK-based researchers at any career stage, and active in any discipline within the social sciences and the humanities, with an opportunity to develop and lead international interdisciplinary research projects in collaboration with colleagues from the natural, engineering and / or medical sciences.
The British Academy is inviting proposals for projects which focus on the question, “what is a good city?”
The “good city” evokes the good life; however, urban citizens often live with ill health, pollution, poor living conditions, fear, anxiety, isolation, crime and helplessness. How can urban life maintain and repair human wellbeing and mental health rather than the opposite? What anticipatory intelligence, social inclusion, political process and health provision should the good city have? What social, political, economic, and cultural values are embedded in urban policymaking? The Academy encourages applications that address questions such as these.
- Up to £200,000 is available.
- Funding can be used to support the time of the Principal Investigator and Co-applicants; postdoctoral (or equivalent) research assistance; travel, fieldwork and related expenses; and networking costs. Awards are offered on a 100 per cent full economic costing basis.
- The lead applicant must be a researcher from the humanities or social sciences, and be based at an eligible UK university or research institute.
- The lead applicant must be of postdoctoral or above status (or have equivalent research experience).
- Projects must involve at least one co-applicant from the natural, engineering and/or medical sciences. Collaboration between researchers in different institutions is encouraged, where appropriate, given the nature and aims of the program, and applications may include co-applicants and other participants from overseas.
Applications must be submitted online. The deadline for submissions and UK institutional approval is September 29, 2021 (17:00 UK time).
For more information, visit British Academy.