Due Date: July 24, 2019
Applications are open for the British Council ColabNowNow 2019 The British Council welcomes young digital creatives to participate in the 3rd edition of ColabNowNow in collaboration with Maputo Quick Forward and Fak’ ugesi African Digital Development Festivals.
ColabNowNow will choose 11 digital artists from Africa and the UK to establish cutting edge digital art work through collective artmaking and storytelling. Candidates will use with suggested jobs which will then be established with creative and technical facilitators. Together they will develop a collective exhibit to be released on 11 October 2019 at the opening of the Maputo Quick Forward celebration.
ColabNowNow has actually been established by the British Council as an area for the leading minds in digital art in Africa and the UK to link, team up and gain from each other in a safe, encouraging and making it possible for environment. Do you believe you have what it takes?
Picked creatives will satisfy in Johannesburg at the Fak’ ugesi African Digital Development Celebration (3-8 September) where they will share their imaginative deal with each other and the general public through workshops and discussions. Nowadays will set the foundation for the collective work over the next month, where a creative and a technical facilitator will engage with the creatives online to establish the work from 9– 31 September. (Facilitators have actually been chosen from a closed call consisting of ColabNowNow creatives from 2017 and 2018).
Creatives will then satisfy in Maputo, Mozambique, 2-12 October, to work collaboratively in the lead approximately the opening of the ColabNowNow exhibit which accompanies the opening of the Maputo Quick Forward Celebration. The exhibit will be catalogued and digitised, permitting it to take a trip from November 2019– February 2020 to East, West and North Africa, THE UK, and in its totality online.
- Creatives will get creative and technical assistance from 2 facilitators, who will deal with the creatives to establish complicated collective operate in both their conceptual and technical types
- All travel, lodging, meals and VISA expenses are covered by the British Council
- Artists will be paid a charge of 500 GBP for their involvement
- A technical and setup budget plan is readily available for the cumulative usage of the ColabNowNow group
- Open to artists and writers operating in digital media who are aged 18-35
- You need to reside in and have a legitimate passport from among the qualified nations
- You need to be readily available to take a trip to Johannesburg 3-8 September, and Maputo 2-12 October– consisting of travel time prior to and after stated dates. Complete participation is needed
- Previous chosen ColabNowNow creatives are not qualified to use.
- East Africa: Ethiopia|Kenya|Rwanda|South Sudan|Sudan|Tanzania|Uganda
- West Africa: Ghana|Nigeria|Senegal|Sierra Leone
- Southern Africa: Botswana|Malawi|Mauritius|Mozambique|Namibia|South Africa|Zambia|Zimbabwe
- North Africa: Algeria|Egypt|Morocco|Tunisia
- UK: England|Northern Ireland|Scotland|Wales
Applications for ColabNowNow go through a stringent and confidential blind-jury procedure where gender and nation balance are turned into the shortlisting procedure. Candidates will be evaluated exclusively on their creative propositions and their capability to work collaboratively with others in order to establish brand-new work from their proposition.
The jury will be comprised of agents from Fak’ ugesi African Digital Development Celebration, Maputo Quick Forward, British Council (UK, EastAfricaArts, SouthernAfricaArts, WestAfricaArts), and the creative and technical facilitators.
For more details, check out British Council ColabNowNow