Application Deadline:7 November 2020.
FameLab International, the science communication competition owned by Cheltenham Science Festival and delivered globally by the British Council, is back this year in a new interactive online format this November.
FameLab national finalists from 20 countries will take to the virtual stage to deliver their three-minute presentations on a range of topics from the world of science, technology, engineering and mathematics, to battle it out for the title of global winner 2020.
FameLab is an international competition to find and support the world’s most talented new science communicators. Participants have three minutes to win over the judges and audience with a scientific talk that excels for its content, clarity and charisma.
Cheltenham Festivals held the first FameLab in 2005. Its partnership with the British Council in 2007 took the competition global, and to date, more than 10,000 scientists and engineers have taken part.
- Lecturers and researchers in science, engineering or mathematics subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- People who work on applying science, engineering technology or mathematics (e.g. patent clerks, statisticians, consultants to industry)
- University students of science, mathematics or engineering 18 or over
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business.
- Networking and learning opportunities are central to the FameLab experience. Not only will international finalists meet and network with fellow participants from all over the world, they will also have the chance to hone their science communication skills by taking part in a masterclass with a highly-experienced international trainer.
- The British Council runs FameLab competitions in around 25 countries each year, and the winner of each national competition travels to the UK’s renowned Cheltenham Science Festival in June to compete in the FameLab International Final. Delivering their talk to a live audience, the international finalists battle it out for first place to take home a prize and the glory!
- The benefits continue beyond the competition as participants join the ranks of FameLab alumni, a global network of science communicators who are passionate about sharing their knowledge.
For More Information: