Application Deadline: Sunday 7 February 2021 at 23.59 (UK).
British Council are offering three grants of between £5000 and £8000 to organisations in Wales and Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) to collaborate digitally on international projects.
The fund is designed to foster international connections at a time when international travel is restricted. In light of this, we are supporting partnership projects where organisations in the UK connect virtually with organisations overseas in order to deliver collaborative projects.
An Official Development Assistance compliant project proposal should:
- Demonstrate that projects will make a positive contribution to the social and economic development of the Official Development Assistance country involved;
- Aim to further sustainable development (development that is likely to generate lasting benefits for the population of the country to which it is provided) or improve the welfare of the population.
Wales in partnership with at least one country from the following list of Official Development Assistance (ODA) countries:
Botswana | Ethiopia | Ghana | Kenya | Malawi | Mauritius | Mozambique | Namibia | Nigeria | Rwanda | Senegal | Sierra Leone | South Africa | South Sudan | Sudan | Tanzania | Uganda | Zambia | Zimbabwe
What costs can the grant cover?
Direct project costs include:
- Staff time to deliver the project
- Training costs
- Professional fees
- Translation and interpreter fees
- Equipment and materials
- Activities relating to learning, advocacy and community engagement
Submitting an application
- Applications will be made through the Submittable platform.
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials in order to submit the forms.
- The platform has collaboration enabled, you will be able to invite your partner to collaborate on the form – the link is visible on the top right-hand corner named ‘Invite Collaborators’.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- 6 January 2021: Submittable platform opens
- 7 February 2021: application closing date
- We will then work with an external panel of judges to score each application and select the successful proposals
- 19 March 2021: payment of grants commence/projects commence
- 31 December 2021: projects end date
- 28 February 2022: projects reports deadline
Expect to be asked to provide the following:
- A project summary
- Backgrounds on all partners
- A breakdown of partners roles and responsibilities during the project
- A budget
- How your project will make a positive contribution to the social and economic development of your partner countries and improve the welfare of the population (Official Development Assistance compliant)
- What challenges you foresee and how you plan to overcome them
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion policies in place
If you have any queries, please get in touch: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the British Council Go Digital Collaboration Fund