Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications are open for the British Council/Maputo Fast Forward ColabNowNow Program 2018. The British Council #SouthAfricaArts invites young digital creatives to take part in the second edition of ColabNowNow hosted with Maputo Fast Forward in Mozambique.
ColabNowNow will select four digital storytellers and four digital artists from East, West and Southern Africa and the UK. Working with the guidance of two digital facilitators, the creatives will create work for a physical and digital exhibition at the festival. The ColabNowNow facilitators will be mentored by interactive digital artist, senior lecturer and Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival Director, Dr Tegan Bristow.
- Costs for visa application, return flights, accommodation and per diem are covered;
- Selected applicants will receive work space, a production budget and production support.
- Open to artists and storytellers between 18 and 35 years of age;
- Selected applicants are required to be in Maputo, Mozambique for the full period of the Colab (October 20-28, 2018) including travel time before and after;
- Applicants must
- Have a valid passport (with at least two blank pages for a visa and entry stamps);
- Reside in one of the eligible countries;
- Present a project proposal (with an indication of technical requirements) with their application;
- Include short bio, profile image and portfolio in their application.
Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
For more information, visit British Council ColabNowNow.