Deadline: June 12, 2020
Applications are open for the British Council Newton Fund Researcher Links Travel Grants 2020. The Researcher Links Travel Grants provide financial support for early-career researchers to undertake an international research placement to strengthen links for future collaboration, build research capacity in developing economies, and enhance the researcher’s career opportunities.
Researchers that reside in the partner country can apply for funding to visit a university or research institution in the UK.
These grants are funded under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), together with partner funders from around the world. The Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Applicants must provide a budget request with their proposal. The Travel Grant is calculated using five flat rate categories: Travel, Visa, Insurance, Subsistence, Consumables.
- Additional support based on direct costs can be requested to contribute towards extra costs of the visit associated with childcare or special needs. These will be approved on a case by case basis.
- Applicants must be based either in the partner country, and be affiliated with a recognised publicly funded research establishment or public or private Higher Education Institution.
- Travel may only be from the partner country to the UK.
- Generally Travel Grants are only open to early-career researchers.
Download and read all documents below before starting your application. This call is open until June 12, 2020, 16:00 UK time.
For more information, visit Newton Fund Researcher Links Travel Grants.