Application Due Date: December 5th 2018
The British Council in Nigeria welcomes applications from emerging visual artists to produce a brand-new piece of visual art * to be shown in the workplace in Ikoyi Lagos. The work will be shown in the reception location of the British Council credited to the artist. The wall on which the art work will be shown has the measurements: Height– 4.92 metres, Width- 6.71 metres)
* Visual art in this context will imply any two-dimensional art work consisting of illustrations, paintings (in any medium) and pictures.
One winning artist will be commissioned to produce an art piece and get a money award of 1.5 Million Naira.
To certify, artists will be:
1. Emerging visual artists who have actually never ever had a solo exhibit.
2. Most likely aged 18– 35 although artists outside this age variety who fulfill requirements one above will likewise be thought about.
3. Readily available to produce an initial piece of work by end of December 2018
To be thought about for the commission, artists ought to send out in one pdf file here including the following:
- 5 to 10 pictures of their previous work.
- A 500- word description of the work they are proposing to produce in action to the style– * Cultural Relations in a Fractured World *. The description must include their creative action to the style and information of the work itself consisting of title, method, proposed size of the work.
- A one-page CV revealing their experience and training to date and consisting of 2 referrals among whom need to be an expert in the arts sector, for instance, art tutor in an identified arts training organization, gallerist or manager.
- Shortlisted artists will be welcomed to a face to deal with pitch in December 2018.
- The commissioned work will require to be finished by early January 2019
- The winning artist and 5 runners-up will be hosted to a reception at the British Council in January 2018 where they will have the chance to reveal their resolve a digital exhibit.
- The winning artist and 5 runners-up will likewise have their work promoted on British Council’s social networks platforms in March 2019.
Please keep in mind:
Application is totally free
Sadly, we are just able to react to shortlisted prospects. If you do not hear back from us by 15 December 2018, please presume that your application has actually been not successful at this time.
To Find Out More: