Application Due Date: July 24 th 2019
The British Council welcomes young digital creatives to participate in the 3rd edition of ColabNowNow in collaboration with Maputo Quick Forward and Fak’ ugesi African Digital Development Festivals.
ColabNowNow will pick 11 digital artists from Africa and the UK to establish cutting edge digital art work through collective artmaking and storytelling. Candidates will use with suggested jobs which will then be established with creative and technical facilitators. Together they will produce a collective exhibit to be released on 11 October 2019 at the opening of the Maputo Quick Forward celebration.
ColabNowNow has actually been established by the British Council as an area for the leading minds in digital art in Africa and the UK to link, work together and gain from each other in a safe, helpful and making it possible for environment. Do you believe you have what it takes?
Are you a bold artist or writer working in a digital medium and living in Africa or the UK?
Are you open to teaming up with other artists/storytellers?
Do you desire a possibility to see your collective work revealed throughout Africa, the UK and thoroughly online?
- Artists can consist of, however are not restricted to: visual/graphic artists, designers, technical artists, programmers/coders, music/sound artists, entertainers and animators.
- Writers can consist of, however are not restricted to: authors, professional photographers, filmmakers, videographers, blog writers and vloggers.
Applications are open to artists and writers operating in digital media who are aged 18-35
You should reside in and have a legitimate passport from among the qualified nations.
You should be readily available to take a trip to Johannesburg 3-8.
September, and Maputo 2-12 October– consisting of travel time prior to and.
after stated dates. Complete presence is needed.
Previous chosen ColabNowNow creatives are not qualified to use.
- Creatives will get creative and technical assistance from 2 facilitators, who will deal with the creatives to establish intricate collective operate in both their conceptual and technical kinds.
- All travel, lodging, meals and VISA expenses are covered by the British Council.
- Artists will be paid a charge of 500 GBP for their involvement.
- A technical and setup budget plan is readily available for the cumulative usage of the ColabNowNow group.
East Africa: Ethiopia|Kenya|Rwanda|South Sudan|Sudan|Tanzania|Uganda.
West Africa: Ghana|Nigeria|Senegal|Sierra Leone
Southern Africa: Botswana|Malawi|Mauritius|Mozambique|Namibia|South Africa|Zambia|Zimbabwe
North Africa: Algeria|Egypt|Morocco|Tunisia
Chosen creatives will fulfill in Johannesburg at the Fak’ ugesi African Digital Development Celebration(3-8 September) where they will share their imaginative deal with each other and the general public through workshops and discussions. Nowadays will set the foundation for the collective work over the next month, where a creative and a technical facilitator will engage with the creatives online to establish the work from 9– 31 September. (Facilitators have actually been chosen from a closed call consisting of ColabNowNow creatives from 2017 and 2018)
Creatives will then fulfill in Maputo, Mozambique, 2-12
October, to work collaboratively in the lead as much as the opening of the.
ColabNowNow exhibit which accompanies the opening of the Maputo.
Quick Forward Celebration.
The exhibit will be catalogued and digitised, enabling.
it to take a trip from November 2019– February 2020 to East, West and North.
Africa, THE UK, and in its whole online.
For More Details: